HST Problem Solved?

/ HST Problem Solved? #21  
All done with my HST repair. Replaced the unit with a new one and tested it this weekend.

Glad you got it working. What was your total damage for parts ($)?

Here is a piston/slipper assembly from my B21. At 2400 hours, the
slippers had essentially no wear. Your slippers must have looked terrible.

Attachments

• s_HST_piston.JPG
    s_HST_piston.JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 272
   / HST Problem Solved?
Total damage for HST, new o-rings, filters, fluids, and gauge install was around $1,400. Here is a pick of the "slippers?"

Attachments

• IMG_2806.JPG
    IMG_2806.JPG
    707.4 KB · Views: 305
   / HST Problem Solved? #23  
Glad you have it fixed. Did the pistons have a lot of play within the cylinders? That is what I saw on mine.

- Matt

/ HST Problem Solved? #24  
I have seen that type of damage from a sticking shock valve. when the unit is put under load the shock valve is suppose to relieve the excess pressure. If not working will cause the pump to lift off the surface and then slam back down causing scoring of the main section when the pressure drops.

/ HST Problem Solved?
Glad you have it fixed. Did the pistons have a lot of play within the cylinders? That is what I saw on mine.

- Matt

Just got around to cracking open the HST again the other night. The pistons are in great shape and have very little play.

/ HST Problem Solved?
I have seen that type of damage from a sticking shock valve. when the unit is put under load the shock valve is suppose to relieve the excess pressure. If not working will cause the pump to lift off the surface and then slam back down causing scoring of the main section when the pressure drops.

I'm guessing the shock valve is within the HST???