3-Point Hitch Trac Vac

/ Trac Vac #1  

warcloud

i have 54"mm mower on my BX2360. Would like to know if anyone has a track vac 662 (made by Trac-Vac) 3 point hitch grass catcher. is it a permanment mount?. i'm looking for a vac grass catcher that can be removed quickly so i can use other equiptment

/ Trac Vac #2  
Sorry, I don't know much about Trac Vac, but I've been eyeing the Cyclone Rake for a few years. It looks to be very easy to remove and reasonably priced.

Just can't bring myself to spend the money, so I keep using the Manual Rake. :laughing:​

/ Trac Vac #3  
No direct experience with that model. I have one of their pull behind cart models that picks up from my 54" mmm discharge. Mine has an 8HP engine and I dont consider it super adequate -- sometimes clogs even tho Im only feeding it with a mower driven by a BX1500. I wouldnt want less than 8HP scavenging an 8" suction hose. The cart setup is good for me doing leaves. Dumps and clears well. Damp grass is sticky and harder to get to slide out on its own.
larry

/ Trac Vac #4  
I have a Trac-Vac equivalent from Woods. I use it either with my F935 or my 1070 MMM. The sucker power is not the main drawback but the hose size is. I convered the discharge and inlet hoses to 12" and it sucks up bricks with 5.0 hp. The trailer screen is also a limiting factor. If it gets clogged, the inlet vacuum is affected.

/ Trac Vac #5  
I ran a Cyclone Rake for a number of years. Note past tense. While it definitely did the job, it was ....... clumsy, I guess. It was big, and when it's physically attached to the rear of the tractor, the rear swung way out in the corners. Great care had to be taken to prevent tearing a piece of siding off the house, knocking shrubbery over, or wiping the mailbox off it's post. But it definitely vacuumed and did the best job of mulching leaves and clippings. The stuff was ready to use the following season. I also found that although it folds up and hangs on the garage wall, it's one of those pieces of equipment that is better left assembled and ready to attach to the tractor. Putting it together and folding it up each week during mowing and leaf collecting season was just a pain in the azz. I sold it to a fellow colleague who had high hopes just as I did when I brought it back from the New Haven, CT factory several years before.

Personally, I prefer the Kubota grass collector to the 'Rake. It's just that the bags blow for collecting leaves; totally inadequate size wise.

/ Trac Vac #7  
I have a Kubota BX25 and am looking at both the Trac Vac and the Cyclone Rake. I have the 3 bagger PTO system for the tractor but find it lacking power and a pain to set up alone, took me over an hour with a jack to get it hooked up.
My Kubota dealer wants to sell me a Trac Vac 880, 8 HP at over $3000.00 Cdn. and the 1080 model with 11 HP blower is over $4000.00 Cdn.
The Cyclone Vac Z10, 10 HP blower with 10" hose is less than $2000.00 I know accessories and upgraded hoses are going to add to the price plus shipping but all the forums I have read everyone loves their Cyclone Rake unless they bought one under powered for their needs or the small cart ones.
Anyone care to add their 2 cents. Looking for input as well

/ Trac Vac #8  
I know this is not much help but I just sold a trac vac last month. It was my fathers and they are a good machine.

/ Trac Vac #9  
I like my 880 Trac Vac but have no experience with the Cyclone. I use mine for leaves mostly on my BX1500 w 54"MMM. The cart self dumps very well with leaves. You need robust vacuum to prevent clogs. With your bigger mower I would go with the 11HP unit. Keep the cart under cover when stored and I dont think youll ever have any trouble. Mine is 6 yrs old w/o any problem.
larry

/ Trac Vac #10  
Dad has an old Trac Vac and only problem we had was with the B&S motor. We like the trailer part of the Trac Vac. We have no problem getting around and up and down slops and soft areas because the 2 wheel cart, ridged frame with wide wheels has done us well doing 4 acres. Our unit I think is getting close to 20 years old.