hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #1  

D902 BX PILOT

Tractor
BX2360
gents,

mowed my bx for about 1.5 hours, mid-day today. went to put my loader on, and couldn't get any of the couplers click and lock in place . . . hit all the positions with joystick at shutdown.
waited 2.5 hours for tractor to cool down . . .was able to move the 4 colored nipples . . off the bx frame, yet, no connection.
i would greatly appreciate your advice to get me rolling with my loader and ratchet rake . . .
was i supposed to do anything with the couplers that are on the loader?

thanks in advance for your help.

robert

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #2  
with the tractor off I would loosen the connectors on the tractor to relieve pressure. I would also do the same on the loader if its also been in the sun. Retighten and try then. That should relieve the pressure and allow you to hook up

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #3  
Another way to relieve the pressure is to take a short 1/4 ratchet extension and hammer, Put the extension in to the connector for the FEL and tap in the nipple in. I sudgest that you have a rag rapped around the connector to get any oil that may come out. Works for me when shes not wanting to couple up!

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor
guys,
i have movement on the 4 nipples off the bx frame. are you saying i need to relieve the pressure out of the lines hanging from the front end loader? will attempt tomorrow morning?

regards
robert

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #5  
guys,
i have movement on the 4 nipples off the bx frame. are you saying i need to relieve the pressure out of the lines hanging from the front end loader? will attempt tomorrow morning?

regards
robert

Yes There must be pressure pressent in the FEL (front end loader)

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #6  
I'd examine each connector, both male and female. Try to push in the "stem" of each connector with a tool. They should easily open. The ones with pressure behind them won't budge. My guess is it will be the loader that's under pressure. THis happened to the my backhoe after the outriggers slumped during storage. So much pressure had built up behind the stem, that I had to devise a mechanical screw to exert enough force on the stem to pop it open. I now wire my outriggers together to prevent that from happening again! CAUTION: You will be greeted with a burst of a small, but sudden spray of hydraulic fluid. Be prepared! ......I wasn't :)

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #7  
Use extreme caution if you try to push in on the connector to relieve pressure. The stream could be strong enough to pierce skin. Make sure its covered with a rag real good or loosen the connectors with a wrench. Either way will work. Just be safe

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #8  
Also be very careful inserting any tools into the loader side of the connector. There is an o-ring in the recess that is easy to damage (don't ask me how I know). If you do damage it, PM me and I can point you to the replacement I found. Box of 10 perfect fit o-rings for $1.60. Much better than the cost of a new quick connect fitting that the dealer wanted to sell me. I've had the replacement o-ring in there for almost 3 seasons now without a problem. My loader comes off every time I cut my grass, so it gets plenty of use.

/ hydraulic couplers - FEL to BX2360 tractor #9  
with the tractor off I would loosen the connectors on the tractor to relieve pressure.
No need to do this. Just move the loader control all the way around with the engine off and you will get rid of all pressure in the loader lines.

I would also do the same on the loader if its also been in the sun. Retighten and try then. That should relieve the pressure and allow you to hook up
I think that this will solve your issue.

Aaron Z