Backhoe BX23 Bachoe won't come off

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off #1  

ArtyB

Just bought a 2005 BX23 with 267 hours that was not treated lovingly. I wanted to take the BH off (evidently for the first time) and followed all of the instructions in the manual.

When I got to step 5 "Slowly raise the boom and hold at full height (approx. 5 second) to disengage the mount holder from the tractor mount pins.", nothing happens.

Is this supposed to be a hydraulic disengagement or just the effect of gravity? I sprayed WD40 on everything that looked like it might move, but nothing. I can't really tell from the picture on the boom exactly what's supposed to be happening.

Any help is appreciated and will stave off a serious case of buyers' remorse...

thanks, Richard

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off #2  
   / BX23 Bachoe won't come off
Grandad4, thanks for the quick response, but the BX23 is a different system (BT600 vs. the BT601 on the BX24).

Richard

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off #4  
Grandad4, thanks for the quick response, but the BX23 is a different system (BT600 vs. the BT601 on the BX24).

Richard

First, put the stabilizers 18" off of the gound. Pull the boom pin and roll the bucket up tight. Put the bucket on the ground enough to slightly lift the back wheels. Take the pressure off of both release arms and place the cotter pin back in with the spring under pressure on both sides. Pull the boom back up slowly and the BH will disconnect from the top. Use the stabilizers to lift the bottom out of the cadle and drive ahead about 7-8" (NOT TOO FAR)...pull the boom all the way back so that the BH frame is on the ground. Disconnect the Hydro lines and re-connect the circuit hydro's on the tractor.

Once you get it the first time, it takes about 2-5 minutes to do this.

Last edited:
   / BX23 Bachoe won't come off #5  
First, put the stabilizers 18" off of the gound. Pull the boom pin and roll the bucket up tight. Put the bucket on the ground enough to slightly lift the back wheels. Take the pressure off of both release arms and place the cotter pin back in with the spring under pressure on both sides. Pull the boom back up slowly and the BH will disconnect from the top. Use the stabilizers to lift the bottom out of the cadle and drive ahead about 7-8" (NOT TOO FAR)...pull the boom all the way back so that the BH frame is on the ground. Disconnect the Hydro lines and re-connect the circuit hydro's on the tractor.

hmm -- pretty simalar to bx24... I'd watch those utube videos to get a better idea.

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off #6  
First, put the stabilizers 18" off of the gound. Pull the boom pin and roll the bucket up tight. Put the bucket on the ground enough to slightly lift the back wheels. Take the pressure off of both release arms and place the cotter pin back in with the spring under pressure on both sides. Pull the boom back up slowly and the BH will disconnect from the top. Use the stabilizers to lift the bottom out of the cadle and drive ahead about 7-8" (NOT TOO FAR)...pull the boom all the way back so that the BH frame is on the ground. Turn off tractor and move the loader levers to relieve any leftover pressure. Disconnect the Hydro lines and re-connect the circuit hydro's on the tractor. Connect the hoe's lines together too to keep them clean and prevent pressure build up with temperature change.

The top catches resemble the ones on a car door 2 paws that catch a pin on the frame.

You have to remove a hair pin cotter and pull the handle back and put the cotter back in on the other side of the bracket to hold it back while tractor is up in the air.

This lets the cams open and rotate off the pin at the top mount .

Be carefuller when moving it with the dipper stick and the outriggers you can hit the sheet metal on the rear of the tractor. You have to roll it to the rear off the top mount then the out riggers lift it off the bottom.

Do it at idle it will slow down the movement and make sloooow moves easier.
hooking it up is harder than removing it in my opinion

Just remember that the hoeis the counter weight for the loader it gets tipsy unless you have an attachment on it when using the loader.

tom

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off #7  
I've found the clearance between the pins and the holes are very close. ANY unbalance in the hoe will make those pins difficult to impossible to pull. In addition to the manual instructions for removing the hoe, I also sometimes use the outriggers to counter the unbalance effect. This must be done with a deft touch. As I apply pressure to one outrigger, I am wiggling the pin. When just enough pressure is applied, the pin will rotate in the hole and removal can then be done. However!... you must be able to freely remove both pins at once. You can't do one side, then the other. I adjust each outrigger until both pins can be pulled. A flat location like the garage floor makes it very easy to do. Suggestion: I got a backhoe dolly which makes removal very easy. Then it can be stored whever you'd like.

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off #8  
If I understand right you have the BT600 same as I have on my BX22.. I found with mine that when the hoe is balanced and the pin won稚 pull out to release the claws a hammer on the handle is helpful. My right side won稚 release by hand most of the time and I have to coax it out. Don稚 hit it too hard but it can take a bit. I have tried greasing it when putting it on to help get it off the next time with no success!

I know a hammer is not the best solution but it works for me.

Some times you just have to show it who's boss. LOL

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off
Thanks to all that posted. After lots of liquid wrench and WD40, some hammering, and about an hour of working the boom, I finally got it off!

You guys are a great help! Richard

/ BX23 Bachoe won't come off #10  
Had the same issue on my BX22. After getting it off I disassembled all the pins and hooks cleaned and greased every moving thing I could and that fixed it right up. Need to do that every now and then or the rust, dirt, and old sticky grease will make things difficult for you right when you want it to happen the least.