Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #71  
50 hour service complete today. (Yes, Before the Super Bowl). Three filters engine oil, SUDT2 and 80/90 in the front axle. Took three separate test drives...no runs, no drips, no errors. Sure do appreciate your great threads thru the years.

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #72  
Any fuel filters changed here,problems with air afterwards?

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #73  
Any fuel filters changed here,problems with air afterwards?

Are you having issues starting the tractor after changing the filter?

I've changed mine twice and haven't had any issues. When the fuel bowl is removed the fuel flow is stopped. Once the filter and bowl have been reinstalled the bowl should refill with fuel. When I replaced mine I always changed both o-rings.

Here's the instructions from the WSM...
B3030 Fuel Filter Change.JPG

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #74  
Are you having issues starting the tractor after changing the filter?

I've changed mine twice and haven't had any issues. When the fuel bowl is removed the fuel flow is stopped. Once the filter and bowl have been reinstalled the bowl should refill with fuel. When I replaced mine I always changed both o-rings.

Here's the instructions from the WSM...
View attachment 523386

Getting ready for a service was worried don't want any surprises.
Did u need to bleed the system?

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #75  
Neelix, I did not change my fuel filter at my 50 our service. I will be changing fuel filters for my “prep for winter service”. Just over 100 hours right now. My several discussions have resulted in no one having starting problems after the fuel filter change, but I will post my results.

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #76  
BigBoyToys, I think its the “bleed the system” step in your WSM that throws the eebie-jeebies onto us newbies.

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #77  
BigBoyToys, I think its the 澱leed the system step in your WSM that throws the eebie-jeebies onto us newbies.

Hey Guys...

Here's page "G-40" regarding the "Bleed the System". It's simply a mater of starting the engine and running for 30 seconds. When I changed mine I had more than 3/4 of a tank of fuel so it hadn't been run dry.

B3030 Fuel Bleed.JPG

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #78  
Just completed 50 hr. maintenance on Kubota B2601. Thanks for this post... great help. One question though. After draining trans and hydro (3 plugs) (wow that was a lot of oil that came out) and replacing HST and Trans filter and refilling with 4 gallons of SUDT2, the oil on trans dipstick is much higher than full indicator. Should I be worried about this? Will it eventually “level out” after use? Should I drain some out? Your opinions are appreciated.

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #79  
Just completed 50 hr. maintenance on Kubota B2601. Thanks for this post... great help. One question though. After draining trans and hydro (3 plugs) (wow that was a lot of oil that came out) and replacing HST and Trans filter and refilling with 4 gallons of SUDT2, the oil on trans dipstick is much higher than full indicator. Should I be worried about this? Will it eventually “level out” after use? Should I drain some out? Your opinions are appreciated.

Forgot to mention, 4 gallons is capacity according to manual, and all hydraulics are functioning normally.

/ Kubota B Series - Service It Yourself #80  
Forgot to mention, 4 gallons is capacity according to manual, and all hydraulics are functioning normally.
Did 4 gallons come out when you drained it?
.. usually do not get everything out of the system, when you drain it.