3-Point Hitch Detaching my rotary cutter?

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #1  

rh9911

Tractor
Kubota BX2230
I'm having trouble getting my Landpride rotary cutter off the 3 point hitch. I put it on blocks about 8" high, detached the PTO drive and the top link, loosened the check chains, but can't get the lower links to move over enough to come loose from the pins on the cutter. A friend told me to kick them but I don't think that'll do it -- I've got like an inch or two left to go and mild kicking aint doing much. Seems like there ought to more play in the lower links but they seem maxed out. Any suggestions? Put WD40 on everything too. thanks for any suggestions.

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #2  
Pins out ?,,,are they not moving at all or just a little ,,,I have a couple of implements that are wider than others,,,,but as long as the check chains are sufficiently loose, then just work it side to side,,,I drop mine on the ground, not on blocks

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #3  
Kicking works but I usually use a plastic dead blow mallet to beat at them.:) Make sure you have the arms control lever all the way down. I usually also loosen the turnbuckles on the lower link even more than necessary. Sometimes a kick at the rear of the cutter will pop one of the pins loose. Hope this helps.

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #4  
My post hole digger is like this. I take the pins out of the front of the lower lift arms where the are mounted to the tractor frame, remove the lower lift arms at the front, then slide the end of the lift arm of the pins on the post hole digger. I went through a lot of pain and suffering to figure this out.

/ Detaching my rotary cutter?
OK thanks for the comments. Tomorrow is another day!

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #6  
Leave the top link on. Turn it to pull cutter in and then turn other way to loosen. All the while keep pressure on lower to pull it off. You will feel it loose in between tightening and loosening the top link and lower arm will pop on off, no hammering or kicking and easier on you. Opposite side should be easier.

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #7  
You don't have turnbuckles steadying the lift arms? If so loosening them up should do the trick otherwise it time for Mr Spud-bar.
spud-bar.jpg
At 5ft long these are really great for moving something awkward and heavy just a few inches ...carefully.

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #8  
You don't mention what tractor you have.

Some turnbuckles (check chains) pull outward while others pull inward. They must be loose enough to travel wider than the pins.

If there is a binding issue, sometimes just raising and lowering the lift arms several times without the top link will break them loose.

If the adjustment of the lift arms is out of whack or if the implement is set down at an angle then one side can bind while the other side is loose. Try both sides after cycling the lift arms and even moving the tractor back and forth about an inch.

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #9  
This is a case that is crying out for the Pat's Easy Change connector kit. It makes life Oh so much simpler. My blood pressure is back to normal after putting it on my tractor :)

/ Detaching my rotary cutter? #10  
I set my bush hog on short scraps of 6"X6" posts. When I've had this problem I slowly and carefully pull forward and then back up an inch while the bush hog is sitting on the blocks and it broke the tension. You need to make sure the PTO shaft is attached or safely out of the way and the top link is safely stowed.