Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help

/ Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help #1  

sparkslinger

Tractor
kubota L3010
Kubota L3010 with LA481 loader, trying to hook up a Shaver 10HD post driver. I have been trying to educate myself on open center and power forward hydraulics. One problem is I can't seem to figure out if I even have open center and power forward hydraulics.:confused: I have manual for the tractor only and can,t seem to find any hydraulic specs for the loader and driver. I know the loader control valve has three hoses and the driver has two (one inlet 1/2 inch and one outlet 1 inch that is dedicated back to the reservoir). I would like to be able to operate the loader and driver without having to swap hoses around every time, but at this point I can't even get the driver to operate at all. Can anyone help me achieve my goal here?

/ Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help #2  
Can only help with the open center hydraulics question - you have open center hydraulics. Don't know of any Kubota compact or utility tractor that doesn't. For the other issues, I'd try posting in the Hydraulics form for more feedback.

Hydraulics - TractorByNet.com

/ Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help #3  
i take it your going to hook the postdriver into your loader remotes,wich means yes youll have to hook an anhook to lower an raise your loader.

/ Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help #4  
Your Kubota has Open center, Power Beyond Hydraulics...
I think you would be better getting a set of rear remotes to run your driver. You could also use a back hoe hydraulic set up... KennyV

/ Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help
Okay, one impliment at a time is fine. Now how do I hook it up? Do I take all of the loader lines loose and or which line do I attatch to. Should I delete this post and move it or just repost a new thread in hydraulics. Thanks for your responces

I have a backhoe and considered using the PTO pump from it but it has less GPM than the tractor and I need all I can get. I will explore the rear remote idea next but from what i have read it doesnt fit the current budget. Needless to say having an implement I cant use doesnt make economical sence either.

After more research I have another question. If i go with the rear remote setup (would let me use other devices as well), then I would use only the inlet remote and dump from the driver to the tank, assuming the driver control is open center. Is this correct?

/ Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help #8  
if you had remotes you could use other equipment that has hydro cylinders.

/ Adding a post driver, need hydraulic help #9  
If your loader has four ports use port A/B to run your driver,
depends on how much you will be using rear mounted equipment, infrequently use your loader connections, frequently add one or more rear remotes.

Okay, hooked up via FEL hydros and wont operate and noticed faint screaming noise from the front block. I assume that is the relief valve letting off pressure and immediatly turned off the tractor. After browsing some of the forums i noticed that one said that a driver must have been attached to a John Deere (mine was as well) and they use a closed center system which wont work on a Kubota. I pulled what I suspect is the plug in question, it has an o-ring at the base and tip and a teflon perhaps right under the tip and about two inches long and one inch in diameter. Shaver is absolutly no help what so ever, cant tell me anything about the plug and dont sell the kit. It appears to me, and correct me if Im wrong, that this plug closed the hydro curcuit. If I replace with a regular plug and o-ring that should make it an open center. Am I thinking right here?