Oil & Fuel L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required?

/ L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required? #1  

tk1469

Tractor
L2800
I have a L3800 with 32 hrs and quickly approaching the "50 hrs" point where service is supposed to be done. What needs to be done and is this something that I can myself? Can anyone shed some light on this for me ??

Thanks -
Tom K.

/ L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required? #2  
Your operator's manual has the service interval chart. It also will have a maintenance section which describes, with nifty cartoon pencil drawings, all the things that are mentioned in the service interval chart.

Still, it is really great to have someone blaze the trail, pointing out the pitfalls, tips and tricks.

/ L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required? #3  
   / L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required? #4  
Get out your book...you can do it yourself without much of an issue. If you are not mechanically inclined, ask for help, but it doesn't take much mechanical ability, just common sense.

Deano

/ L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required? #5  
As mentioned, your Operator Manual will have a Maintenance Schedule including the initial 50 hour service.

These things are very easy to work on, we maintain all of our own.

/ L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required? #6  
As the others have told you. Find what your manual says to change at 50. Sure it will be engine oil and filter and Hyd filter. Grease every thing.
One warning, they have a Gorilla tighten some of the bolts and a Wimp tighten some. Check every bolt you see anywhere on the tractor. Some will take a big grunt to break loose that first time and others may come off with your fingers. When you put them back on try somewhere between the Gorilla and Wimp because you'll be back to do it again later.
Get your tools, big catch pan and take your time. It's not complicated and I sort of enjoy doing it on a day when I'm in a certain mood for it.:)

/ L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required?
Thanks Guys. I've been greasing it about every 10 hrs - since I've been working the loader pretty good lately. Is it necessary to use a "High Pressure Grease" ?? The Kubota grease doesn't really specify whether its High Pressure or not. Someone said to use the "red grease".

Comments?

/ L3800 - 50 hr service - whats required? #8  
Thanks Guys. I've been greasing it about every 10 hrs - since I've been working the loader pretty good lately. Is it necessary to use a "High Pressure Grease" ?? The Kubota grease doesn't really specify whether its High Pressure or not. Someone said to use the "red grease".

Comments?

As others have said, consult your manual. But If I remember correctly, ALL the filters and ALL the fluids are the big ones @ 50hrs.

As to the grease, for starters, ANY grease is better than no grease:thumbsup:

You will get MANY different opinions and MANY different arguments on what type of grease to use.

IMO, there is no one grease that fits all. I keep two grease guns, one for pins and bushings, and one for bearings. A good thick, heavy, moly grease is good for pins and bushings. MOLYis what makes it excel for this. Moly grease is black BTW.

For bearings, I prefer a little lighter and synthtic grease with NO moly. What I am using currently is Mobil SHC460. These "types" of good bearing grease are usually the colorful ones. Like red, green. or blue.

But as I said, you can read for days on end about "what grease to use". This is just my preference, others will have theirs.