Kubota L225

Default Hydaulic fill on L225?

Does any one out there know where to check my hydraulic level on a 70's L225? I just bought the tractor and have changed the oil and oil filter, fuel filter, greased all points on my FEL. I just can't figure out where to check my hydraulics, I've followed all my hoses, I must be missing something. Also are there any other tips for preventative maintenance?

Veteran Member

Default Re: Hydaulic fill on L225?

I have a 245dt that I believe to be similar. The hyd. and trans use and share the same fluid. On the left side of the trans near the clutch pedal will be a plug fitting. This is the fill level. Oil on my tractor is added up top by the gear shift lever. There is a mesh filter on my tractor to the back of the trans. This is under a plate secured by two bolts. Parts man would be your best friend. Messick used to provide a super service showing this stuff, but I believe they were required to remove this information.