Loader Opinions wanted on Kubota LA1002 FEL

/ Opinions wanted on Kubota LA1002 FEL #1  

coreystinson

Tractor
Kubota M4800SUD
I'd be interested in hearing opinions about the practical uses for an LA1002 front-end loader for a Kubota M4800SUD.

I have been advised by some that FEL's for smaller tractors are of limited practicality and durability and will not stand up to "real work". Here are some tasks I have in mind for a FEL:

- Move piles of compost from one bin to another. Seems like it would easily handle this task.

- Lift up to 2,000 lbs. implement or other object on/off low trailer. According to specs this should be OK, but I am wondering about the need for rear ballast or would fluid filling the tires be sufficient?

- Dig buckets of dirt out of a dirt pile, maybe a fairly firm dirt pile (i.e. one that has been sitting for awhile). Here is where I am told that the loader will not cut it, doesn't have the oomph, I'll likely bend up/damage the loader frame, etc.

Thoughts?

(I would ultimately like to have a backhoe too, so I am trying to decide whether I should invest in these implements for my M4800 or consider buying a used, heavier-duty dedicated loader/backhoe tractor. I'd rather not have two machines and dedicated backhoes in my price range are likely to have mechanical issues.)

/ Opinions wanted on Kubota LA1002 FEL #2  
If this is for personal use, it will be more than adequate. If it's for construction and 8 hours/5 days/week... you'll see the difference.

Worst case with digging into a pile you might have to get a tooth bar. That loader will dig virgin soil and make pile that you talked about. It will not be as fast as the TLB...

IF you have to buy the FEL and a backhoe... I would look around for a used TLB.