B2320 vs B2620

/ B2320 vs B2620 #1  

Jbbies

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Those of you that have either what are you thoughts. I am looking at one of the two. I have 5 acres mainly mowing, some landscaping, moving snow, moving gravel around the driveway. What are you thoughts. I know more hp is always better but if the B2320 will do all the work I need then why should I spend the extra money on the 2620? Thoughts from those owners of both would be great.

Brandon

/ B2320 vs B2620 #2  
Those of you that have either what are you thoughts. I am looking at one of the two. I have 5 acres mainly mowing, some landscaping, moving snow, moving gravel around the driveway. What are you thoughts. I know more hp is always better but if the B2320 will do all the work I need then why should I spend the extra money on the 2620? Thoughts from those owners of both would be great.

Brandon
Brandon, for this reason. You may have PTO attachments that require the additional horse power. The standard loader on the 26, optional on the 23, is also larger.

Again, if you need those things, you do. If you don't need those things, then you don't. It's really that simple. Kubota makes a 29 also. Some of this is marketing perhaps, but really it is offering what the customer wants/needs at a price point.

I have no need of anything more than 18-20 hp. I just needed the ground clearance of a 20 series B, so I went with the B2320 and am thrilled. It frankly has a much larger capacity loader than my BX did.

Get what you need. Some will say you should be looking at a 3030 or similar to get even nicer features. Some will say "skip the B" altogether and get an L series. But, there's a tractor for everyone at Kubota. The sheer number of models is confusing a bit, but you'll sort it out.

Again, get what you want and get what you need.

/ B2320 vs B2620
Do you feel the 2320 does everything you need or have you found some limitations? I am the same as you I wanted the size and features of the B series vs. the BX.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #4  
in my case, the tractor size was dependent upon weight...i wanted a BX2660 and even the few hundred lbs difference would make a difference in mowing/trenching my yard. i have less heavy work and wanted MMM for lawn...so lighter weight was the best choice (bx series). if weight/trenching is not a concern for you, just weigh benefit of co$t versus Hp you will gain. if money and weight aren't huge concern, go big.

/ B2320 vs B2620
Weight is not an issue for my situation.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #6  
I looked at everything from the BX2360 to the B2620. I mow about 3.5 acres regularly, brush cut about 2 acres and the rest was house, pond, and small section of woods. Could of got by with BX but that dang cooler fan kept me away. Could have justified the 2620 but had to stop somewhere. So ended up with 2320.

Besides using the mmm, I've moved many yards of topsoil and mulch and have put quite a few hours using the boxblade and ratchet rake. Ive got right at 92 hours in just a little over 3 months and happy as can be. Would the 2620 have made moving the dirt quicker, I guess, but my previous tractor was 16 hp with a dirt scoop on the back so I'm in heaven with the 2320. You won't go wrong with either. If money not a huge issue then in my book it would come down if any extra weight on the lawn(another factor in my decision) is an issue for you.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #7  
I to have the B2320 and I could not have asked for more...

I have been moving tons of fill dirt and gravel for the driveway.. not once have I thought I needed more loader power..

PTO power: I put six hours on the machine using the tiller at my hunting property and didnt think I needed more HP.. the tractor never had a problem... I was somewhat cautious in some areas that were too rocky...(keep my foot ready on the clutch) It did pain me to hear rocks hitting the tiller... oh well thats what its for right...

Box blade: I have the LP1548 and i can fill the box full at 1800RPM and I will run out of traction every time... plenty of grunt!!! :D

I love this tractor and plan to keep it for a lifetime or upgrade if my property situation changes..

happy shopping

/ B2320 vs B2620 #8  
My B2320 has treated me good . Only implements I have right now are a woods 48 " brushbull, carryall, and a middle buster . Haven 't used middle buster yet, but the Brush bull does a good job . Carryall is a useful, good cheap buy .

For traction consider the tires you want beforehand . I won 't get into it here as there are eleventy billion threads on that subject .

PTO ha 17 hp and might not be enough for some stuff . I 'm thinkin' a PTO generator might not work with it . Others here will know more than I about that .

/ B2320 vs B2620 #9  
I went for the B2620 due to the B3200 QA which, if my memory serves me....what was I saying? Oh yea, I don't think that QA fit the B2320.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #10  
Well my old refrain is buy as much HP in the size you want. You do get a bigger loader with the 26/29 and you can use the 3200 QA on it. Big pluses on my books.:thumbsup: