Oil & Fuel L2800 30hp 4WD Low Oil Pressure

/ L2800 30hp 4WD Low Oil Pressure #1  

Tnangler

Oil red light came on one day while mowing. Changed oil and filter twice. Still red light. Changed oil sending unit. Still red light. Changed oil pump with new pump. Still red light. Put in all new gaskets and O-rings and all seals. Still red light. Replaced red light system with manual gage and line. Mechanic that worked on it said it had 12lbs but when new gage was put on it showed no oil pressure and it won't pump oil up to gage.

When I replaced the oil I replaced it with Rotella 15/40 SAE.

Help?

/ L2800 30hp 4WD Low Oil Pressure #2  
Oil red light came on one day while mowing. Changed oil and filter twice. Still red light. Changed oil sending unit. Still red light. Changed oil pump with new pump. Still red light. Put in all new gaskets and O-rings and all seals. Still red light. Replaced red light system with manual gage and line. Mechanic that worked on it said it had 12lbs but when new gage was put on it showed no oil pressure and it won't pump oil up to gage.

When I replaced the oil I replaced it with Rotella 15/40 SAE.

Help?

It's not the oil. Got a serious internal oil leak.:confused:

/ L2800 30hp 4WD Low Oil Pressure #3  
If the relief valve for oil pressure isn't part of the new pump you replaced, I'd say the spring is either broken or it's stuck open. Sometimes the relief valve is part of the oil filter assembly. It's also possible there's something stuck in the oil pickup tube, but that's unlikely.

Sean

/ L2800 30hp 4WD Low Oil Pressure
I asked the mechanic about the pressure relief valve and he said that he put a piece under it so that it would build more pressure. He didn't say what the "piece" was. My question is, would this not hold the pressure relief valve open instead of letting it build more pressure? Since I don't know anything about pressure relief valves on a Kubota, I'm not sure how that works, but it seems to me that putting something under it would automatically keep it from building pressure. :confused:

/ L2800 30hp 4WD Low Oil Pressure #5  
I asked the mechanic about the pressure relief valve and he said that he put a piece under it so that it would build more pressure. He didn't say what the "piece" was. My question is, would this not hold the pressure relief valve open instead of letting it build more pressure? Since I don't know anything about pressure relief valves on a Kubota, I'm not sure how that works, but it seems to me that putting something under it would automatically keep it from building pressure. :confused:

He would have put a shim under the spring on the relief which has the effect of increasing spring tension hence more oil pressure.