BX2660 3ph question / control knob

/ BX2660 3ph question / control knob #1  

connor77

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2660 with FEL
I'm trying to lock out my 3ph moving up and down following my manual which states to turn the 3 point knob clockwise to lock it. When I do this my 3ph still moves up and down but my mower deck, which I want to be able to raise and lower, doesn't move.

If this knob is working as it's supposed to and there's no issue with my tractor shouldn't I be able to raise/lower my mower deck without the 3ph moving at all? I'm using my cyclone rake to clean up my yard and I'm lifting this up and down which I don't want to do.

What am I doing wrong?

/ BX2660 3ph question / control knob #2  
Your 3PH actually raises your MMM, so you really can't operate the MMM without the 3PH moving, the lockout just holds the MMM in position.

We had our JD 2305 fixed so they would operate independently by using a hydraulic ram to lift the deck, but Kubota doesn't offer this as an option.

/ BX2660 3ph question / control knob #3  
If you look at the linkages for the three point hitch you can unhook them from the lift arms and pin them solid to the frame. This will allow the three point hitch to stay up and still raise and lower the mower deck. There is another knob that adjusts the speed of drop of the deck and three point arms. If tightened this will hold the deck and three point up.

image-2797657935.png

/ BX2660 3ph question / control knob #4  
Here's a few pic's of a hitch one member made to attach his Cyclone Rake to the tractor frame (vs 3PH). This moves the CR closer to the tractor making the overall length less (good for tighter areas) and solves the issue of the CR going up and down with the MMM. Now I just need to make one for my BX/CR. :laughing:

Attachments

• Cyclone Rake Hitch 1.jpg
    Cyclone Rake Hitch 1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 182
  • Cyclone Rake Hitch 2.jpg
    Cyclone Rake Hitch 2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 154
   / BX2660 3ph question / control knob
Thanks for the help guys.

Chris, make 2 and I'll buy one from you!