Need Advice/Opinions

/ Need Advice/Opinions #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm looking at a Kubota B7800 with a LA402 FEL and a Woods 7500 backhoe. Have almost decided to purchase this setup. Can anyone give me any information that may own any of this equipment. Thanks allot for your time.

/ Need Advice/Opinions #2  
I have a Kubota B7300 (which is a step -or more- down from what you are looking at), and I just this morning put my Woods 6500 backhoe on it (again, a step down). My FEL is also smaller (a Kubota LA271), but I think that in essence that it is about the same thing as what you're looking at. Just smaller.

I'm really happy with all of them. I would definately like to move up to something a bit larger, but for the $$$ it wouldn't be worth it. But if I were to purchase anything larger I'd stick with pretty much what I have, which is what you are looking at.

Consider this a resounding approval of your equipment choice /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...Chris

/ Need Advice/Opinions #3  
I have a B7500 with a Woods 1006 FEL and I'm a happy camper. I'd love a BH but can't justifiy one...yet.

/ Need Advice/Opinions #4  
<font color="blue"> I'd love a BH but can't justifiy one...yet. </font>

Oh, sure you can. Don't you need to plant a tree or something /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif? That should justify the cost - planting trees is HARD!

/ Need Advice/Opinions #5  
Hi,

I've got a Kubota B2910 with 402 loader and Woods 7500 backhoe. Pretty much the same as what you have.

I would recommend that you get the backhoe with the subframe and my preference is for a separate hydraulic pump.

I have an 8" and a 16" bucket for the hoe which seems to be a pretty good combo for trenching and digging.

I think you'll really like that package. I guess the only other suggestion I would make is to make sure you don't desire any of the "extras" the B2910 has to offer over the B7800. For the package you're looking at, the percentage increase in price isn't all that much...just a few extra dollars per month. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Good Luck,

~Rick

/ Need Advice/Opinions #6  
WELCOME TO THE FORUM, that sounds like a nice package, will just add one thing for u to think on. i know the 7800 is basically the same as a b2910 without the frills, but do u think down the road u may like the frills? less expensive to do it now. but either way u can;t go wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Need Advice/Opinions #7  
True, but I'm pretty darn happy with my rig at the moment.
I'd love a BH, no question I'm more interested in getting my buildling (see projects).
I do have a question, I use a 60" MMM, cacn you still use a subframe mounted BH?

/ Need Advice/Opinions
Thanks guys for the info. Still a tuff decision. One thing I'm not fond of is the forward and reverse petals on the hydrstatic drive. Seems a sinlge petal that pivots in the center is much more user friendly than the two petal setup. Also, is there any difference in the hydraulic pump/ pumps between the B7800 to the B2910?

/ Need Advice/Opinions #9  
I am sure that every one has an opinion about the pedal, but I have to say the single pedal on my 2710 is great. when I am working with the loader back and forth, it can't be beat...... ame with using the rotary cutter.

/ Need Advice/Opinions #10  
theboman,

To the best of my knowledge, the bracket that mounts to the loader frame which the backhoe subframe attaches to interferes with the mid-mount mower. That was the case 3 years ago when I bought mine, and since I wasn't going to use my B2910 for mowing, it was not a concern.

I had heard that Woods is redesigning some of their subframes, so I don't know if there is still a clearance issue.

If you have air tools, it doesn't look like it would be much of a job to remove the bracket when mounting the MMM, but it certainly is an extra step that needs to be considered. Obviously, a rear mower would not have any such problem.

~Rick