Blown Fuse and where to go?

/ Blown Fuse and where to go? #1  

bgilmore

Tractor
new holland 2035
Have B3030HSC with cab, blew 10A fuse for Headlights and Control Panel. Now engine will not start. Got lucky and got a copy of the wiring diagram an it looks like the regulator is on the same fuse. Started by disconecting the headlights, it was an easy step. Now how do you get to the regulator? Is it necessary to pull the steering wheel? If so is there a special puller required? My 3 puller just bends the rubber hub of the steering wheel.
Fuse also provides power to the HST pedal safety switch. I can see it but can not get to it with out major surgery. Is the access only by removing all the linkage arms?

Boy do I hate electric short circuits!

Billy G

/ Blown Fuse and where to go? #2  
Unless you blew an in-line fusible link, the fuse should be in the fuse box. I don't know your model but most fuse boxes are near the driver's seat, perhaps below to the right or left behind a protective cowling.

I seriously doubt you blew an in-line fuze as the ordinary fuse should have blown first. If it's a bayonet fuse (with two prongs) they can be a PITA to diagnose. Sometimes they blow where you can see the break through the plastic, sometime not. Either replace the fuse with a known good one or use an ohmmeter to check for continuity.

/ Blown Fuse and where to go? #3  
I don't know your model but most fuse boxes are near the driver's seat, perhaps below to the right or left behind a protective cowling.

I'm pretty sure the fuse box is located in the engine compartment, lower right side toward the rear of the engine. I'll check later to make sure.

/ Blown Fuse and where to go? #4  
I don't think he's having a problem finding the fuse. Sounds to me like he might be having trouble fixing the reason for the blown fuse.

/ Blown Fuse and where to go?
Correct I know where the fuse box is, just have not been able to isolate the problem. disconnected all instruments and head lights, Installed new fuse and circuit held fine. reconnected one connector at a time and Dam if they all worked fine, started engine after each connection was made. Put the whole thing back together and ran tractor for an hour. Used it to pull my zero turn out of a muddy spot, OK should not have tried to cut the grass in that area, but dam its been raining for a week and this is the first chance I had. OK back to the B3030, pulled out the zero turn drove back to the garage and I knew was in trouble as all the instruments went to zero, sure as heck, turn engine off, and unit would not restart. Same fuse was blown. Oh did i mention it is one pain in the A to get the insturment cluster off, including having to pull the steering wheel. standard wheel puller was usless. ended up using three straps around each of the wheel spokes, and a mickey mouse ratchet set up, it worked but took half and hour to put together. do you know if there is a special puller available? I think I will be taking it off again.
Still have not be able to get to the regulator, as even with the wheel off can not get the plastic shroud off without removing the throttle lever. Where does this all end?