Mowing B6100 belly mower

/ B6100 belly mower #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
OK, i mowed my yard the other day with the 3pt "flail" mower, IN NOVEMBER; i guess it mows ok, but it made me decide to look into hooking up the belly mower; i put it on the tractor, and it raises an lowers ok, but, am i missing something about height adjustment, being able to go back to the same height each time?? plus the deck has one "wheel" on the front to help prevent gouging the yard. has anyone added wheels to a 4ft deck?? this deck runs off a electric clutch on the front of the tractor, and takes a looong belt.
i'd be interested in any experiences with this set-up.
thanks
heehaw

/ B6100 belly mower #2  
YOUR BELLY MOUNT MOWER IS DESIGNED TO RIDE ON THE WHEELS OF THE MOWER DECK, SO MAKE SURE THAT THE WHEELS ARE CONTACTING THE GROUND WHILE YOUR MOWING. THE CUTTING HEIGHT IS SET BY THE HEIGHT OF THE GAUGE WHEELS ON THE DECK. (CHECK YOUR DECAL ON THE DECK AND FOLLOW THE SET-UP PROCEDUE. IF YOUR DECAL IS MISSING REFER TO THE OPS MANUAL, IF YOU STILL HAVE IT. IF NOT YOU CAN STILL GET A MANUAL OR DECAL. ALSO MAKE SURE THE DECK IS'NT RAISING TOO HIGH OR YOU WILL SURELY CRACK YOUR TRACTOR FRAME.......

/ B6100 belly mower
thanks for the reply; there is no decal, and according to the dealer, no manual available; the deck has one "wheel" in front, @ 2 inch diameter and 8-10 inches wide; thats the only wheel; the lifting height sounds like its more important than i thought..thanks for the tip..i'll make sure to double check that..
thanks
heehaw

/ B6100 belly mower #4  
Heehaw,
I've not been on the board in over a week or so. But about your belly mower...

There was more than one model of 48" belt drive mid-mower. Most likely it is a B-48A if it is a right-side discharge. There is a manual available (I bought one new about 2 years ago from the Kubota dealer).

This model (and all front PTO belt-driven models that I have seen) is a "suspended" type mower that does not ride on four wheels like the newer models; it rides on two rear wheels and has an anti-scalp roller on the front as you described. It is suspended in the front by two chains.

Height Adjustment: On mine, the rear deck height is adjusted by the adjusting the height position of the rear wheels and the front deck height is adjusted by inserting pin in the arm where the left side chain attaches. See attached photo from mower owner's manual.

Make sure that the belt crosses over itself or (1) the blades will spin in the wrong direction and (2) the belt will come off too easy.

Kelvin

/ B6100 belly mower #5  
Heehaw,
Update on the manual:
I purchased my B-48A mower manual new in 8/97 for $10.57 plus tax. Part Number Ku 70000-70029.

Just seemed like only 2 years ago.

Kelvin

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Kelvin on 11/18/00 08:25 PM.</FONT></P>