Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Tractor
    Kubota B7500; KubotaBX24

Default Re: Problems with Bx "Fine Cut" rck54p23bx deck cut

Quote Originally Posted by George the Beagle View Post
    I just bought the Deere one on Amazon for $6.99.
    This thread motivated me to buy one of these guages also. Thanks for the info.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Another good tool to have is a blade balancer.

Tractor
    BX1870 54 inch deck and FEL

My front lawn yesterday after cutting I think it looks smooth but maybe i should get a gauge also.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

New mowing season, time for an update.

I now have the ultimate solution for the BX's lousy cut ...

Its awesome. No stragglers. Smooth cut. Fast as heck.

First cut of the year, dropped the grass from 7"+ to 3" in one cut, no bogging. Tons of power. Love it.

Still learnin' to not tear up the lawn. Takes no time to make a mess with the ZTR!!!

Tractor

The grass looks good. You would have had to cut that twice with the BX to get rid of the long clippings. I don't know why they won't put a deck like that on a tractor.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    The grass looks good. You would have had to cut that twice with the BX to get rid of the long clippings. I don't know why they won't put a deck like that on a tractor.
    It threw some big clippings. I had the chute down and it left pretty substantial windrows. The chute closes quite close to the ground, closer than any other mower Ive seen, almost too close. Cuttings only fly out about 3'-4' when the chute is fully down. Im sure its very safe, but makes cutting difficult.

I went over it a second time with the chute pinned up and it flattened out the windrows nicely. I should have stopped mid mow and tied up the chute. This thing throws the grass a very large distance with the chute up and I bet it would have been very even, even when cutting the tall, first cut grass.

Its a prime candidate for my chute blocker

I dont know why kubota doesnt offer a fabbed deck like this on tractors. It is very deep though and would rob several inches of ground clearance. It would be a nice option though. Im really happy with how well it works.

Its still early in the season, but I dont like how it stripes. I think before long Ill have to come up with a striper for it. I already have some ideas.
    The main thing to take away is that the first cut was smooth, fast and left no stragglers, which is amazing considering how heavy it was and the problems I had with the BX deck, even when doing a regular trim.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    It threw some big clippings. I had the chute down and it left pretty substantial windrows. The chute closes quite close to the ground, closer than any other mower Ive seen, almost too close. Cuttings only fly out about 3'-4' when the chute is fully down. Im sure its very safe, but makes cutting difficult.

I went over it a second time with the chute pinned up and it flattened out the windrows nicely. I should have stopped mid mow and tied up the chute. This thing throws the grass a very large distance with the chute up and I bet it would have been very even, even when cutting the tall, first cut grass.

Its a prime candidate for my chute blocker

I dont know why kubota doesnt offer a fabbed deck like this on tractors. It is very deep though and would rob several inches of ground clearance. It would be a nice option though. Im really happy with how well it works.

Its still early in the season, but I dont like how it stripes. I think before long Ill have to come up with a striper for it. I already have some ideas.
    The main thing to take away is that the first cut was smooth, fast and left no stragglers, which is amazing considering how heavy it was and the problems I had with the BX deck, even when doing a regular trim.
    My grandfather had a JD LX172. It had a real long chute deflector. Even mowing grass at the proper height it would windrow the grass. The chute deflector was about as big as the deck

If they offered a ZTR quality deck on a tractor they would not sell many ZTRs. I bet you would still have as much ground clearance with this deck on a BX as other brands have now.

I read that with a higher blade tip speed and more suction will stand the grass up and make it hard to bend for stripping. My biggest problem with the BX deck is if you take a real full cut it will leave a funny looking row of grass that is not cut as low as the rest at the edge of the cut.

I have been tuning on the BX deck. I have played with different cut heights, pitch on the deck on different tire pressures on the tractor. Clocking the blades the owners manual says do will make some fine clippings. My grass is not the best but this is the best I think I can get out of the BX deck.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Stripes look good.

It could be the lift on the new deck causing the lack of stripes. THis thing does suck a lot of air, although the old x540 sounded like it was moving more air, I dont know if it was. Id like to find the tip speed on the ZD.

I havent leveled this deck yet. Its still as purchased.

The safety nazis have gotten to this chute for sure! Im tempted to cut several inches off the end. WHen I got the machine, the chute was cut back and damaged so I bought a new one to replace it. Cost like $40, now Im thinking about cutting it back lol.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Stripes look good.

It could be the lift on the new deck causing the lack of stripes. THis thing does suck a lot of air, although the old x540 sounded like it was moving more air, I dont know if it was. Id like to find the tip speed on the ZD.

I havent leveled this deck yet. Its still as purchased.

The safety nazis have gotten to this chute for sure! Im tempted to cut several inches off the end. WHen I got the machine, the chute was cut back and damaged so I bought a new one to replace it. Cost like $40, now Im thinking about cutting it back lol.
    Thanks about the stripes. I still want something better. I know better grass will give better stripes. Thankfully I don't have stripes from using the broadcast spreader

The blade tip speed should be in the owners manual. I bet it is around 18,000 FPM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789