Pins in 60" MMM don't line up

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up #1  

Arrow1

Tractor
JD 2520
I tried for the first time last night installing the pins on the mower deck so I could hook up the cultivator on the 3 point. The holes on the deck don't line up with the tractor. I can only see half the hole and both sides The deck needs to move towards the back of the tractor. Do I adj the front control arms and the rear adjusters? Any one else have this issue? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks for any info.

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up #2  
I think a little more information may be required.
Is this a belly mower?
The cultivator you mention isn't part of the problem, right?
The pins that don't line up - are they the pins on the control/lift arms on the tractor?
What model tractor?

Just taking a wild guess here, but if it's a belly mower, and the pins are on the lift arms, did you hook up the front the of the deck first, and then try to engage those lift pins? That won't work, do the pins first, then the linkage on the front. Just a guess though.

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up #3  
I actually don't use any pins to hold up the mower deck when using the 3 pt hitch. I raise the deck all the way, then move the mower height control knob to top and then when you lower the 3 pt hitch, the mower deck does not drop.

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up
Thanks for the tip:thumbsup: I will give that a shot.

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up #5  
Thanks for the tip:thumbsup: I will give that a shot.

What tractor do you have? Our BX2660 (non-contact deck, uses height knob to set cut height) will work as KU Gator described, but our B7500 (ground contact deck, uses gauge wheels to set cutting height) has to have the deck pinned up.

The trick with the B7500 deck is to lift the side you are working on until the holes line up, then go to the other side and lift there to line up those holes.

Aaron Z

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up
I have a B2620.
I haven't tried the adjuster knob trick yet. I did do a search and found that a smaller after market pin is being used by some people. I might try that so I wouldn't have to get it lined up perfect to get pin in.

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up #7  
My B2920 has the same circumstance, the pin holes on the front don't come up enough to pin it. On mine, the clever design puts the FEL frame right in the way anyhow, so even if they did line up I couldn't get the pins in. Not complaining, but my deck didn't have the pins on it either! I do what someone else mentioned, when I have to remove the 3 PH or use it for something else, I set the knob on "top", the decks drops only an inch or so and stays there.

/ Pins in 60" MMM don't line up #8  
Same issue here B2920,

I went to the dealer in Dryden, Mi " Rosy Bros" (great family there).

They explained to me the pins are not required and to use the top position. They said the pins were used on the last model to hold it up but they kept the tabs on for some reason. I now use the top position and it works well. However, a slightly smaller diameter bolt will fit through the holes if need be.

My .02 cents