New B2620

/ New B2620 #1  

Jbbies

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Well, I have been hanging around here for a few months not saying much... but I finally broke down and purchased my first tractor Kubota B2620. I am looking forward to it and should have it in around a week. I looked at all the models in my area between 22-27hp and went with the Kubota.

I enjoyed working with the sales rep. he was a pleasure to deal with unlike many of the others. John Deere acted like they didnt have the time to get the keys to the tractors. Unfortunately was the nearest dealer and I want to go green probably more for sentimental reasons.

I grew up on a farm and finally got a little over 5 acres to mow and maintain, only took 10 years 7 houses and a few countries. I grew up with green paint, but look forward to expanding my opinions I guess we will see. This forum was a big help and I believe will be in the future.

Bies

/ New B2620 #2  
Congratulations on your new tractor ! You chose a good one. Nothing wrong with green tractors..... they are nice too. I think it was a sign that the green dealer didn't want to be bothered when you were shopping. Just think how much he wouldn't want to be bothered if you ever had a problem. FYI, it's required here that you post a few pictures of your new tractor when it arrives. :thumbsup:

/ New B2620
Exactly what I thought... Might be hard to get some warranty work done. I will get some pics when she shows up.

/ New B2620 #4  
Congratulations on your new tractor.:thumbsup:

/ New B2620 #5  
Me too. Went from green to orange. Dangerous in my circles, but the research was there

/ New B2620 #6  
congrats! Make sure you check the front diff. and the rear dif. fluid I added about a quart and a between both. fluid from factory is (Super UDT)

bring on the pics!!:D

/ New B2620 #7  
Excellent choice!!!

I have had my B2920 since May and it is " the little tractor that could / did".
I have put this tractor to use and it has come through every time. You will run out of weight before you run out of horse power. I used it 2 days ago to tear down a 2 car garage and boy did it save our backs. Only issue if the tires don't agree with nails. But that's the price for playing. Small price to pay in my opinion for saving my back and time. A plug or two and she'll be back in business.

Let's see some photos

/ New B2620 #8  
John Deere acted like they didnt have the time to get the keys to the tractors.
Bies

Maybe someone from the green side could explain what's up with JD.

I used to be able to get parts and service for the JD 425 within walking distance. A long walk, but still. They lost their franchise so I had to go to Silverdale. The Silverdale dealer lost their franchise so I had to go to Port Angeles. That dealer just lost their franchise, so I had to go orange.

Well, I had already gone orange, but now it will be totally orange.

Where does JD expect to do business? "Lowe" end and high end only and forget those of us with middle-sized patches to maintain?

I don't get it. There must be some sane business plan there somewhere, but it isn't obvious.

Z.

/ New B2620 #9  
I love my B2620. This is my first tractor and with most things im wishing I would have went to a bigger model. The loader can lift plenty but the size is a little small. I have been looking into the 3point carry all attachment. I think that will be just what I need for loading on more stuff on the tractor. Have fun with it!:thumbsup:

/ New B2620 #10  
John Deere acted like they didnt have the time to get the keys to the tractors.

I live in large metro area, we had two Kubota dealers when I bought. The closest one was so determined to sell off their used New Holland stock that they almost refused to take my money for a new bota. Went to the other guys and they've been great. Had one small problem with the loader after six months, they came to the house with service truck and fixed it in my garage. Glad the other dealer blew me off, he ended up going out of business when the economy tanked. I'd think in this economy every dealer would meet you at the front door with a beer, brats and dancing bears.