28.1 KB · Views: 340
   / L48 rear aux hydraulics
More pictures of L48 HYd.

Attachments

• 245249-Dsc00015.jpg
    245249-Dsc00015.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 563
   / L48 rear aux hydraulics #5  
MikeA, your handy work with the hydraulics on the L48 is slick. Your pictures are probably lost on most folks as I'm pretty sure they haven't a clue why your posting them. Finding a good place to mount your remotes can be tough since it requires you to keep the hoe area available and free while still allowing for TnT hose movement. I mounted 3 pairs of remotes on my L48. I use all three constantly. I do not have a hoe, but if I did, they are out of the way and very easy to get to. I have the factory setup and really like the controls for it. No play and very responsive and accurate. You did a nice job, Rat....

/ L48 rear aux hydraulics #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( MikeA, your handy work with the hydraulics on the L48 is slick. Your pictures are probably lost on most folks as I'm pretty sure they haven't a clue why your posting them. Finding a good place to mount your remotes can be tough since it requires you to keep the hoe area available and free while still allowing for TnT hose movement. I mounted 3 pairs of remotes on my L48. I use all three constantly. I do not have a hoe, but if I did, they are out of the way and very easy to get to. I have the factory setup and really like the controls for it. No play and very responsive and accurate. You did a nice job, Rat.... )</font>

That is a nice job. And one which I need to do as well.
I'm curious where either of you chose to break the circuit
for your work. I've looked at this and the hard line
between the front hydraulic block and the accessory
directional valve looks like an opportune location.
(I'm assuming the main pump rather than the swing pump
was used.)

My local Kubota dealer doesn't seem able to do much
for me other than telling me the hard line is a JIC37
flare. However it looks like I can separate the line
at the rear valve and jog it by an inch or so. That
would leave me with a JIC connection on the line and
an SAE into the directional valve. For the tank return
it looks like replacing the 90 elbow going to the
backhoe quick connect with a tee will be an easy
solution.

Comments/advice/war stories welcome.

/ L48 rear aux hydraulics #7  
I just plugged right into the backhoe quick couplers. It's how its done by the factory TnT. The two quickcouplers on the right hand side. The one on the left remains unused. The valve on the right is put in the backhoe position, the left one remains in the non backhoe position. It's really simple. Fluid return goes into the filler cap. The cap is replaced with a aluminum one that allows the return hose to be attached. There are other ways to get the fluid back as well. I welded up my own bracket for all six quick couplers and attached them just above the fender. Rat...