BX2360 w/2750d blower - do I need tire chains?

/ BX2360 w/2750d blower - do I need tire chains? #1  

Rfisher7381

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
I live in SW Michigan. My driveway is fairly level with maybe a 4% grade for the last 100 ft up to the garage. I had a 2WD Cub Cadet that I used for snow removal for many years (front mount snowblower) which had chains. This is my first 4WD tractor and looking for advice if I should get chains for front, rear, both, or don't need them. I do not have loaded tires and my tires are the turf style. I tried a variety of searches and didn't find anything specific.

/ BX2360 w/2750d blower - do I need tire chains? #2  
Most of the guys up here, in Northern Mi have turfs on their plowing units, even the commercial tractors. The turf tire provides an amazing traction patch. Our snow is dryer, but I don't think you'll have problems.

I plowed, with a Kubota hydraulic front plow blade on my BX, with wheel weights. It was virtually unstoppable. Granted, I did not operate on grades of any consequence.

My only advice would be rear chains, in standby. Nothing beats chains, really. Don't care for front chains, as the risk of binding the 4x4, but that's just me. I have a feeling you'll do just fine, but if you have issues, chains are better than any tire change. I'd also use wheel weights. You can remove them in summer when mowing or doing other duties where you don't want the compaction of loaded tires.

/ BX2360 w/2750d blower - do I need tire chains? #3  
No you don't,,,,but if you get stuck nose down with the blower on,,a clevis hook and a chain will be your temporary Jesus

/ BX2360 w/2750d blower - do I need tire chains? #4  
I use my BX24 with my BX2750D on my driveway with 10 percent grade with no problems. The blower clears down to the bare pavement and if it ices up a little sand or salt will give you enough traction to get out

/ BX2360 w/2750d blower - do I need tire chains?
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I'll skip the chains for now and see how it performs. Thanks again.

/ BX2360 w/2750d blower - do I need tire chains? #6  
You didn't say what your driveway composition is but on blacktop turfs are the best!!! No chains needed!