3-Point Hitch Stop 3pt hitch from dropping

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #1  

flynifr

Have. 2001 BX2200 that I picked up recently. I figured out how to lock the mower deck in the top position when using my box scraper on the driveway. I have been taking the box scraper off when mowing but still run into a problem with the 3pt arms digging in sometimes when backing up with the mower down.

Anyone know if there is a way to stop the 3pt hitch from dropping when using the mower?

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #2  
If you have a round knob under the seat it controls
the rear implement hitch and closing it by turning
it closes the needle valve.

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping
Thanks for the quick reply. I do have a speed control knob that controls how fast the rear hitch drops. Wouldn't closing that also stop the mower deck from dropping?

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #4  
If I remember correctly..., the only way to stop the arms from dropping on a BX is to tie them up. I think there are handy holes either side of the pto (or near there) to put chain hooks or rope through.

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #5  
Thanks for the quick reply. I do have a speed control knob that controls how fast the rear hitch drops. Wouldn't closing that also stop the mower deck from dropping?

Yes!!!!! My mistake. I read the other post as the knob being under the seat, as in flip it up. Sorry for any confusion...

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #6  
The knob that controls mowing height has a "Top" position, which will hold the deck up while enabling you to raise/lower 3-pt hitch implements. Depending on the terrain and how much ground clearance you will need, you may also want to raise the anti-scalp wheels to their max. Oh, and I seem to recall that you may need shut down the tractor in order to turn the knob to the Top position...check your mower deck manual for details.

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #7  
On the newer BX's, there are pin holes on the frame where you can attach the vertical 3PH lift links to so the hitch does not move when your deck goes up and down. From what I recall, I think you have to buy similar pin holes for the older BX's and bolt them on.

Here's a pic of my old BX1860. Note the ear or pin hole just inside of the vertical lift link. Like said, you unpin the vertical links from your 3PH upper arms and pin them to these holes. Hopefully someone with an older version BX will chime in on how that is done on the older models, but again, I thought you had to buy the ear/pin holes and bolt them onto your frame. Good luck.

Attachments

• 3PH Extra Holes 1.jpg
    3PH Extra Holes 1.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 459
   / Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #8  
on a 2003 BX2200 there are lugs on the frame where you can hang the vertical links. I always assumed that this feature was kept on all the BX's. NO????

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping #9  
on a 2003 BX2200 there are lugs on the frame where you can hang the vertical links. I always assumed that this feature was kept on all the BX's. NO????

They're on the xx50 and xx60 series BX's. Just didn't know if the earlier models had them too.

/ Stop 3pt hitch from dropping
image-581360508.png

I never notice these because they are under the fenders and the book says nothing about using them. I have only had my BX2200 for a few months and this site has been an amazing resource. Thanks for all the advise. Now I can mow my lawn without gouging it up every time I back up.