There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!"

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #21  
"hope nobody me do saw that" won't work when there is visible evidence...

Like, just today; I was spreading 4 loads of fill in low/clay part of new fenceline road. Did you know that even the smallest glancing encounter with the bucket of a FEL will permanently alter agricultural fencing? Nobody saw Me do that but everybody will see what I did.

Well, at least the road will be passable when I get around to repairing the fence.

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #22  
The only time I do something that I hope nobody see's me do it, is when somebody is watching me do it. And than they ask "I'll bet you wish I didn't see that!:laughing:" Than they will say, you have the worst luck.;)

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #23  
Just put up a new 30x40 shop and was spreading the gravel around the outside being extremely careful with the 7 foot rear blade as to not hit the new steel siding. I did an excellent job, not one scratch from the blade, the problem was the corner of the front loader pealed that steel siding open like a potato...... oops... Off I went to get a new piece of siding

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #24  
I had to take out a hillside full of stumps on the family farm. Started out by the house my uncle built that is now owned by his kids. Asked my cousin about how the water and elec/phone lines are run. He said they all run over from the barn and as I was 90 degrees out figured all was good til I hit a water line on the 3rd stump. Old line no water so figured ok, 2 stumps later a loud snap, got the main power to the house nowhere near a line from barn to house:eek:

Then I did what most folks know to do in the first place, called for the lines to be located:ashamed:

Fortunatly a few packages of fish n crab to the repair crew resulted in a quick repair with no bill:thumbsup: and a location for the repaired wire. Never did figure out why my uncle zigzaged thru the trees.

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #25  
Was tilling my garden in the spring, and it is pretty close to my small barn. Figured I would raise the FEL to give better clearance. Hit the eave with the FEL, and buckled part of the roof.

Wife still hasn't seen it:laughing::laughing:

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #26  
Was tilling my garden in the spring, and it is pretty close to my small barn. Figured I would raise the FEL to give better clearance. Hit the eave with the FEL, and buckled part of the roof.

Wife still hasn't seen it:laughing::laughing:

That is when you ask her "did you see the roof on the barn?" before she see's it and asks you. Then.... deny, deny, deny;)! Blame the neighbor kids, or even her:thumbsup:!

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #27  
Brought the tractor out of the 7' high lean to at the back of the garage, since I was going to clear some brush/roots back in the woods I put the 8' roll bar up.
Off I go for a few hours and come back turn around ready to lower the rop and back into the lean to and over comes my daughter for something. She goes and back I go, 'odd" I says to myself, '" ther's no hollow here, why am I bogging down" so I give her a bit more fuel and then I remember what I forgot to do........Mike

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #28  
i have never been a rookie on a SCUT. so, i have never been so pre-occupied with getting so close to the edge of my driveway with the edge of the MMM that i was not occupied with the FEL. i have never taken my eye off the FEL b/c i have never extracted my tail light assembly from my pickup. i also never knew amazon.com sells tail light assemblies cheaper than any local parts store. NOW i NEVER mow within 50 ft of the driveway, cars, or house with FEL mounted.
i never wanted to tell my wife that within 4 hrs after having my $14,000 BX at the house that it would now cost me some parts on my 2008 Silverado...
i now will give advice to new tractor owners...set aside a few extra hundred $$ when purchasing FEL for first time. this will allow for new tail lights, siding, and window trim.

Last edited:
   / There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #29  
Well, I've done a couple stupid things...

A few years back, I was mowing my yard with my 790. Anyone who has any familiarity with a 790 knows it has a non-synchro gear transmission. I stopped the tractor on a mild slope (6-8 degrees, give or take) to pick up some downed branches...
Since I never trusted the 790's parking brake, I disengaged the PTO, and shut down...tractor was left in gear so the tranmission prevented any movement.
After several minutes of picking up those downed branches (yes...I know I should have done this before starting to mow), I walked back to the tractor while smoking a cigaret. Standing next to the tractor, I knocked the gear shift lever in to neutral...OOPS!!!!!!!!!
So, there went the tractor and RFM. I ran behind the machine (looking sort of like Chester in Gunsmoke since I have a pretty noticeable limp).
The tractor rolled into a wooded area and hit a small tree (trunk was probably 6-8 inches in diameter) which stopped it with no damage to the bucket (loader was on) and a pretty minor gash in the tree trunk.
All told, it probably rolled 30-40 feet...
Jeez...did I feel like a dumba$$!!!!

Second stupid thing was try to back in to my garage with the ROPS up (8 foot ROPS, 7 foot garage door height...do the math). Since I back in at a very low speed, there was no damage...just a sudden stop.

Nobody saw either of these episodes...both would have been embarassing but since we're bareing our souls on this thread...those are my contributions.

/ There should be a section entitled "Hope nobody saw me do that!" #30  
I could plow snow just about all season and never get stuck and never see a soul that I know while plowing. Get stuck just once, like hanging the plow frame across the road in front of our house just beyond the deep ditch. You know, just push the snow a liiiittle further. Well everyone in the world that I know drives buy and wants to know what I'm doing. I tell them I'm takin a break. Of course they say I should move the rear of my tractor off the road. I hate it when that happens.