So called "tool box"

/ So called "tool box" #1  

Dead Horse

Platinum Member
On the Kubota tractors HAVE to be the worst designed, most useless, annoying piece of engineering about the WHOLE tractor.

There......... I do feel better.............:D

/ So called "tool box" #2  
On the Kubota tractors HAVE to be the worst designed, most useless, annoying piece of engineering about the WHOLE tractor.

There......... I do feel better.............:D

I feel your pain. But I also feel the pain of the designers when they try to find a place to put a decent sized toolbox. I recently picked up a 30mm ammo box at a flea market for a few dollars. It's big enough to store two big or three small cats! But trying to figure out where to attach it has got me stumped. Every time I think I have a good spot it creates some unintended conflict - blocks view of 3pt or PTO, can't raise/lower ROP, interferes with FEL, etc, etc. I'll figure some way to mount that sucker, just not before I relocate the lights on the rear fender (which lights I tore up in the woods within 90 days of taking delivery of TOM (The Orange Menace).

P7030012.JPG

/ So called "tool box" #3  
I had an L2900 GST before I purchased my current tractor and was never able to find a way to mount a decent toolbox. The one that was on it was really worthless and if you put anything it, it was impossible to open it. The one that came with my current Kubota, MX5100 HST, is a little better, but not much. However, the way it is mounted on the tractor I think I can replace it with a much larger one without interfering with anything. I have ordered a 20" toolbox from TSC. They offer two sizes, a 20" and a 16" and as far as tractor toolboxes are concerned I believe I need the largest that will fit somewhere! Here is a link to the page with the toolboxes. They are overpriced, but my wife, an Ebay Queen, thoroughly reviewed the offerings there and nothing beat the price at TSC and some of the offerings look like they were made at the old Belarus plant!

Search Results

You may have to copy and paste for the hyperlink to work.

/ So called "tool box" #4  
I feel your pain. But I also feel the pain of the designers when they try to find a place to put a decent sized toolbox. I recently picked up a 30mm ammo box at a flea market for a few dollars. It's big enough to store two big or three small cats! But trying to figure out where to attach it has got me stumped. Every time I think I have a good spot it creates some unintended conflict - blocks view of 3pt or PTO, can't raise/lower ROP, interferes with FEL, etc, etc. I'll figure some way to mount that sucker, just not before I relocate the lights on the rear fender (which lights I tore up in the woods within 90 days of taking delivery of TOM (The Orange Menace).

View attachment 231007

Wow yours lasted 90 days, you must of had the good plastic:laughing: I lined mine with styrofoam, and drilled a hole in the bottom. I can keep two beers cold for up to 3 hours.:D I just walk back to the barn for tools, that way upon my return to the tractor I will be somewhat dehydrated:thumbsup:

/ So called "tool box" #5  
I would be leary of buying any tractor that came equipped with a tool box nicer than the tractor.:laughing:

/ So called "tool box" #6  
Any solutions for a BX25 thats big enough to hold a grease gun?

I cant even find a decent mounting place. ROPS is out as i need to crawl through to get to the BH.

/ So called "tool box" #8  
Here are some pics of my "tool box". Also good for adding some extra weight to the back of the tractor, as well as towing stuff.

Eric

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 951
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 1,112
   / So called "tool box" #9  
Hmm...pondering the need to store several cats on my tractor.

:D

They are always around when I'm working outside. The mice and chipmunks have no hope now. The big gray one (13#) has no teeth, but that doesn't stop him. The little one (7#) is fearless and she's a great producer. I always like using cats as units of measure. In this case, volume. Another example: "it was so close there wasn't enough room to swing a cat".

IMG_2643r.jpg

/ So called "tool box" #10  
I have the T1530 and most the time have the brush hog on the back, so I keep a over-sized milk crate between the support bars.

In it I have a large bucket with the tools and things I need for the chain saw, a 1 gal gas can, 16 chainsaw which tilts up and I put other items under the bar.

Also in another link here is a great description and pic of a roll bar mounted box.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/7218-toolbox-new-holland-tc40-tc45.html

Attachments

• saturday 2 188.jpg
    saturday 2 188.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 743