3-Point Hitch L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #251  
Nothing in my case. Kubota corporate wouldn't admit there was a problem to begin with, so the dealership, although sympathetic, weren't willing to try to repair it without support from Kubota.
The only success I had was adjusting the position control valve to factory specs. It eliminated the jerky performance but introduced other issues that were worse.
A flawed design that the company refused to acknowledge.

The last I heard from a Kubota rep in my district, was that the L3400 has a "standard" 3pt hitch, and if you want a Deluxe 3pt hitch and the characteristics that come with it, they have those for sale too. They are called Grand L's. They have a different 3pt valve. In other words, it is what it is. If you want more then trade up. I did. I traded for a DK35se Kioti. My L3400hst left the place in perfect condition, with pickup truck bed coating applied to the steel floor, I added SSQA which it didn't have when new, and it's nice very jerky hitch which it always had.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #252  
The L3301 I test drove a while back had a pretty smooth 3pt. Operated a lot better then my L3200 did at the time. Maybe as good as my now L4060, not sure. My L3200 wasnt smooth, but not that bad. At least not enough for me to wory about it.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #253  
I got my L3400 HST in 2005. I complained to the dealer about the jerky 3PH. They took the tractor in and replaced the valve with a ""new style valve" and it is much better now. There is a valve somewhere out there that is much better. I doubt my dealer would even know what they did 13 years ago and the service manager has since retired. I don't know if a Grand L valve is what they put in.

Dealers are not all created equal. I am lucky to have great one.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #254  
so this thread started in 2011 and I read the entire thread. seems Jeff never finished explaining the mod. has there been any indication that the mod caused premature pump failure? any other issues or concerns?

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #255  
I think this quote from me years ago is still valid:

The last I heard from a Kubota rep in my district, was that the L3400 has a "standard" 3pt hitch, and if you want a Deluxe 3pt hitch and the characteristics that come with it, they have those for sale too. They are called Grand L's. They have a different 3pt valve. In other words, it is what it is. If you want more then trade up. I did. I traded for a DK35se Kioti. My L3400hst left the place in perfect condition, with pickup truck bed coating applied to the steel floor, I added SSQA which it didn't have when new, and it's nice very jerky hitch which it always had.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #256  
I remember this thread it was a blast from the past , at least to me because I use to own a L3400 DT (gear) direct transmission . Seemed like this was an issue , as was a cable that controlled something which I cant remember rite now . I loved mine dang good small tractor .

Here was a thread I always keep pinned on my computer on bumping up the lift capacity .

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...-up-lift-capacity-l3400.html?highlight=cowboy

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 66
   / L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #257  
I remember this thread it was a blast from the past , at least to me because I use to own a L3400 DT (gear) direct transmission . Seemed like this was an issue , as was a cable that controlled something which I cant remember rite now . I loved mine dang good small tractor .

Here was a thread I always keep pinned on my computer on bumping up the lift capacity .

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...-up-lift-capacity-l3400.html?highlight=cowboy

PTO engagement cable. Some people had trouble with them. I never did.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #258  
seems like the thread original topic went unfinished. the topic was about jeff's home brew fix. what he did and how. seems jeff dropped off the planet and never updated the thread with any more information. it would be nice to know if this mod of jeffs had any negative results, ie: premature pump failure or other issue. these tractors are still being sold on the used market to many unknowing folks at a premium price point. I have seen l3800 l3200 l2800 l3400 model tractors selling for eighteen thousand and up used with no implements except a FEL. the first two pages of this thread talks about Jeff's Mod the rest is merely complaining about Kubota's denial. 26 pages of that which has been beat to death in other threads I'm sure. I own a l2800 myself one of the early models that has a jerky hitch. would be nice to know if this mod actually works with no long term side effects or damage before I try it myself. or before someone else does.

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #259  
seems like the thread original topic went unfinished. the topic was about jeff's home brew fix. what he did and how. seems jeff dropped off the planet and never updated the thread with any more information. it would be nice to know if this mod of jeffs had any negative results, ie: premature pump failure or other issue. these tractors are still being sold on the used market to many unknowing folks at a premium price point. I have seen l3800 l3200 l2800 l3400 model tractors selling for eighteen thousand and up used with no implements except a FEL. the first two pages of this thread talks about Jeff's Mod the rest is merely complaining about Kubota's denial. 26 pages of that which has been beat to death in other threads I'm sure. I own a l2800 myself one of the early models that has a jerky hitch. would be nice to know if this mod actually works with no long term side effects or damage before I try it myself. or before someone else does.

I imagine that Jeff thought the subject was finished. He did his mods and reported how they worked. Rather a nicely done job in all. He not only described what he did and how it worked, he listed the parts and reported everything that needed to be done to replicate his work. It would be nice to hear from him again... it's always nice to listen while someone clever does a recap.
But there's no reason to suspect that what he did would have any negative effects, so no reason there for him to follow up.
rScotty

/ L-series Jerky 3PH - Jeff's homebrew repair. #260  
I imagine that Jeff thought the subject was finished. He did his mods and reported how they worked. Rather a nicely done job in all. He not only described what he did and how it worked, he listed the parts and reported everything that needed to be done to replicate his work. It would be nice to hear from him again... it's always nice to listen while someone clever does a recap.
But there's no reason to suspect that what he did would have any negative effects, so no reason there for him to follow up.
rScotty

not entirely true he did follow up with some pictures of the mounted valve but he did not follow up with regards to the work done on the valve under the seat that he took apart. that was the part I was curious about. as well as if there were any ill effects or issues long term. I do appreciate what he did share and hope it does work since I'm in the process of trying it myself.