Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    BX2350

Default My CCM top link broke!!!!

I just finished a job of pulling fence post and was driving back to the garage. When pow, the eye on my CCM hydraulic top link broke. Dropping the box blade in the ground. I had not been using the blade at all today just had it on for weight. The thing just snapped without warning.
    Does anybody know if CCM is still in business can't find there web. sight. Also I can't find the bill for the phone number. I don't know if it would be warranted or not or if they could repair it. The metal is clean fresh break doesn't look as if it had a crack in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My CCM top link broke!!!!-1004111147.jpg   My CCM top link broke!!!!-1004111147a.jpg   My CCM top link broke!!!!-1004111148.jpg   My CCM top link broke!!!!-1004111149.jpg   My CCM top link broke!!!!-1004111150.jpg  

BX2350

FEL, RCK54 MMM, 4' Farm Star BB, 5' Farm Star RB, 5' Rake

Veteran Member
    Kansas, Butler county, Just east of DooDah
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200 GSTCA

Default Re: My CCM top link broke!!!!

Go to TSC or one of the similar places and get a new end... Take it to a welding shop... or weld it yourself... Shipping that cylinder around will likely cost you More than the repair...

No a big problem welding it back... But do extend the rod and keep the cylinder end of the rod quenched to prevent heat damage to the seals... You can set the cylinder in a pail of water while you weld the end sticking up out of the water... KennyV

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

What Ken said.

Have it repaired. I believe CCM has been, or is being dissolved........ so I'm afraid you may not get much satisfaction that way. It stinks..... but having that one repaired by putting a new end on it is likely your best bet.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

I think CCM is out of business. But one of the guys started up a new company. Dont know the name, but it was mentioned here on TBN

The broken part can be bought at any Tractor or hydraulic place. Cut the old mount off the rod and weld on the new one to repair.

Good luck.

Tractor
    Kubota L3940 Ford 8N Ford 6000

That will make me think twice about crawling under my RFM to change my blades while being supported by my CCM top link! I have been impressed by the CCM top link to support my 1200 pound ballest box while while it is moving back and forth doing uneven FEL work. Philip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My CCM top link broke!!!!-mower04.jpg   My CCM top link broke!!!!-toplink10.jpg  
    Kubota L3940HST-1 2009
    84" front blade
    LA724 loader w/quick attach
    HD 72" round back bucket
    turf tires
    Kubota GR2120 2013
    Ford 8N 1950
    Ford 6000 diesel 1961
    JD L110 2003
    Woods RD7200 finish mower, Land Pride RCR1272 rotary cutter, Bearcat CH5540 5" chipper, L8170 ballast box, 6' Woods pulverizer, 6' Dragon box scrapper with hydraulic rippers, 14" 2 bottom plow, sub-soiler, post hole auger, 3 point pallet forks, 30" rear scoop, 7' Land Pride RB1584 rear blade, 3 point boom pole

CCM may have closed but one of them started this website Hay Tools

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    JD 2040,2240, 2355, 2755, 4055

I see a gouge in the cylinder push rod. These rods are chromed and hardened. It is hard to gouge the steel in these rods. THis can happen when you lift up your box blade so high that the hitch on the box blade is contacting the cylinder and puts the top link in a bind. A manual one will bend the end but this pushrod takes more force that the end could stand so the end broke. A new end can easily be put on this hydraulic top link and you are back in business. Just make sure you watch how high you lift your implements or this can happen again.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIP8N View Post
    That will make me think twice about crawling under my RFM to change my blades while being supported by my CCM top link! I have been impressed by the CCM top link to support my 1200 pound ballest box while while it is moving back and forth doing uneven FEL work. Philip.
    Philip, I would sincerely hope that you would put something under your mower to support it before crawling under there whether you had the OEM toplink or an HTL from any other source. I personally don't trust any hydraulics on a tractor enough to crawl under an implement. To do so is just courting disaster in my opinion. Stay safe and put some blocks under the edges of that mower before scooting under there.
    Jim

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

I just called them last week.... 423-282-6969

Tractor
    BX2350

Quote Originally Posted by HayDR View Post

I see a gouge in the cylinder push rod.
    That is not a gouge on cylinder rod it is a scratch in the paint. As for binding when lifted all the way to the top I don't thinks so, I watch for things like that. I might have had it in a bind on rare occasions but never continuous. I think that the rod end is a little on the light side and it just broke. I have bought a much heavier fordged rod end to replace it with. Just haven,t had time to weld it back on. Will be posting pics. when I do.
    BX2350

FEL, RCK54 MMM, 4' Farm Star BB, 5' Farm Star RB, 5' Rake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast