BX 1860 snowblower fitment

/ BX 1860 snowblower fitment #1  

George the Beagle

Gold Member
Tractor
BX 2370
I'm seriously considering a front snowblower for my BX 1860, and am told that the proper one is the BX2750D. I have found one for sale locally that was on a BX 24. Am I correct that this will also fit on my BX 1860? Included is the quickhitch and hydraulic chute rotator.

/ BX 1860 snowblower fitment #2  
Yes and No. The blower is the correct one. I believe the quick hitch is also the same but the PTO shaft will need to be replaced. There are two Mid PTO kits one for the 1860 and one for the rest of the BX line. I believe this is due to the shorter lenth of the 1860. Hopefully someone else on here will chime in if I am wrong but I think you will need a new Mid PTO kit

/ BX 1860 snowblower fitment
Keyman, two dealers have now told me you're correct, and the new pto kit would cost $600. :thumbdown: Sheesh.

/ BX 1860 snowblower fitment #4  
I cant see why you couldn't have the exsisting shaft cut down. That would be way cheaper. Everything else is the same. Maybe someone else could comment on this. You just need to leave enough so it doesn't slip out and so it doesn't bottom out either. If someone here has the Mid PTO kit for an 1860 the could take some measurements.

/ BX 1860 snowblower fitment #5  
Its not the pto shaft that is differant. Both use the same shaft the differance is the spline on the mount. The 1860 has a shorter spline than the other. I know this because the dealer at first gave me the wrong one for my 2360. This spline is just a machines rod that the fronnt and rear pto shafts attatch to, it is held in place by 4 set screws on the quick hitch and is easy to replace. No idea why it is so expensive. The bx2360 one is about 4 inches longer than the bx1860 one but other than that they are identicle and as i said the shaft that goes to the mid pto on the tractor is also the same on both

/ BX 1860 snowblower fitment #6  
Snowblower Chart: www.toplinetrailers.com/documents/KUBOTASNOWBLOWERS.PDF

Looks like the Mid PTO kit is the only thing different on the BX24. Related thread about Mid PTO kit (drive shaft). Read from post #33 on. Is the BX2753 Mid PTO kit on the Kubota wholegoods list?

To answer my own question ........ found a 2009 list and the price was $550.

Last edited:
   / BX 1860 snowblower fitment #7  
I have bx 25 and I purchased bx 2750 that were taking off bx 1860. I have mid shaft that would fit 1860 but not bx25. I need drive shaft (mid pto) 2753 which would be longer. If anyone would like to exchange please let me know: alexblatnoi@yahoo.com