5040 loader top frame "ruffled" under the KUBOTA?

/ 5040 loader top frame "ruffled" under the KUBOTA? #1  

bilrus61

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota 4200
I noticed today when the light is just right there is a slight "ruffle" to the steel skirt on the support under the "KUBOTA" name on the frame of my Kubota LA854 loader. Its where the frame has been bent down during fabrication I think, but thought I would ask if anyone out there has seen this effect on their Kubota loader or have I over stressed it somehow and caused it? It looks ok on the top of the frame and you can see no place where it has bent but being a Nervous Nelly here I thought I would ask the board. Tractor has 120 hours on it and I did try unsuccesfully to dig up a young tree root last year, could that have cause the skirting effect? Its slight and you have to have the light right to see it.

/ 5040 loader top frame "ruffled" under the KUBOTA? #2  
There is an old post about this same issue. I cannot remember the title. OP was wanting to return it to the dealer and get a new one.

I think...dang memory!:confused2:

Try a search for it.

Deano

/ 5040 loader top frame "ruffled" under the KUBOTA? #3  
Hmmmm??,,,hope it's not tweked for your sake, is the paint "stressed"?

/ 5040 loader top frame "ruffled" under the KUBOTA? #4  
Hmmmm??,,,hope it's not tweked for your sake, is the paint "stressed"?

The above question by jake is a good one.

We could be of more service with some pics of the "ruffling" effect you've observed.

To the OP: I tend to be a "Nervous Nelly" too--but this site is a great comfort, when presented with sufficient info to come to a general consensus, in my opinion.

My Hoe

/ 5040 loader top frame "ruffled" under the KUBOTA? #5  
Side effect of the manufacturing process of bending steel... Not at all un-common

/ 5040 loader top frame "ruffled" under the KUBOTA?
Paint isn't stress but after reading some previous threads it is apparent that this is normal for the loaders that have been formed this way. Its always had some of this.......I think........ but just in the light late yesterday it was showing up more than I had remembered it. After a close inspection under the "channel" and the top of the lift arms it show no sign of any kinking or distress all smooth as it should be. On to another day and thanks for the advice....

Attachments

• Kubota loader 001.JPG
    Kubota loader 001.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 216