1st Service-DIY on my GL3240

/ 1st Service-DIY on my GL3240 #1  

bferris01

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota GL3240
Well I took a step forward and after reading everyone's input and directions, I decided to do my 1st service myself on my 2010 GL3240-3.

1st thank everyone for their patience and assistance in answering my questions.

I did get all the supplies from my Kubota dealer and did decide to change all the filters even though it didn't call for it.

The only hicup I had was in my attempt to quickly switch out the HST filter and not lose to much fliud I didn't notice the magnet came off the filter I was taking off and stayed on the machine, so when I tried turn the new one on, it wouldn't fit. So I lost a little more fluid than I hoped by oh well. I lost 2 gallons, so not huge but next time I will be sure to check for the magnet.

Question: I think it is normal but there was some metal shavings on the magent, not a huge amount but some......this is normal right?

So far loving my 3240, I have used a scraper blade, rake, 3pt wood spliter, 3pt snow blower and box blade with it so far.

I would say if you are hesitent to do it your self, at least the 1st 50 hour service is no problem even with no service experiance.

Brian

/ 1st Service-DIY on my GL3240 #2  
Yes, it is normal to have metal on the magnet, not to worry.

Maintenance on these is pretty straightforward. My son and I did the 1200 hour on our L5030, he also did the initial service on our M8540.

/ 1st Service-DIY on my GL3240 #3  
As it should be! Great job!:thumbsup: