Tires L45 tires & 3PH

/ L45 tires & 3PH #1  

Chucks58

Tractor
L45 TLB
looking to buy L45 but tires look too small for that machine using a 3PH compared to JD 110, want to stay with the TLB series. Any input will be helpful.....

/ L45 tires & 3PH #2  
The reason the tires look so small is that they keep making the wheelbase longer and longer. The L35 used the same size tires on a much shorter wheelbase and it looked very proportional. Then they extended the wheelbase on the L39, and even more so on the L45. Functionally I think the extended wheelbase probably makes for a more stable unit, but it sure does look funny.

/ L45 tires & 3PH #3  
I have the smallest tlb kubota has b26 and I agree tires seem small but it does help it on hills. I have not had any problems with 3pt stuff tiller boxblade, brush hog.
I would say if your doing field work you need a bigger machine. But on flip side I have used a l35 and it seemed big enough for most food plots. Both would be great machines.

/ L45 tires & 3PH #4  
I had the same concerns when I was looking for a compact TLB. I wanted a used 110 TLB but could not find one in my price range that was not all beat to heck. I found an L39 in good shape and I have been quite happy with it. I have done a fair amount of 6' box blade and 7' back blade work with it. I also use a 6' foot snow blower. I have run my Wallenstein BX62 chipper and a 5' brush hog with it as well. More ground clearance would be nice. I ended up making a guard for the hydraulic filters under the tractor: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/155494-l39-filter-guard-right-side.html

/ L45 tires & 3PH #5  
Keep in mind that the smaller the tire, the less fluid you can put in it to balance out the load in the bucket. I have the L48 and I lift with the bucket and pull a rear tire off the ground pretty easy.

/ L45 tires & 3PH #6  
I just do nt understand why Kubota is not putting 16 x 20's (43" dia) on the rears and 16.5 x 10's (29" Dia.) on the fronts of the L39- L45. For tht matter the L59 should have 16.5 X 12's on the Front (31") dia