Kubota overheating.

/ Kubota overheating. #1  

kshunter

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 2040 kubota b3030
Hey guys, I own a kubota b3030 & need some help. It keeps overheating and im not to sure what to do. I know that the fan is working, and the oil is the correct amount, the radiator had a ton of hay in it, but I got it out by spraying water through it. Thanks

/ Kubota overheating. #2  
I have to keep up with my L3240 or it will do the same thing. Whenever mowing I just watch the temp, and when it lights the extra bar I know it is time for a break to clean out the radiator screen. The radiator draws a lot of air, and if in dusty conditions it will get warm. If you pulled a bunch of stuff out of the radiator I would bet that you have resolved it. After experiencing the screen getting obstructed, I just have added hosing the radiator out to my routine list of post-job duties.

/ Kubota overheating.
Ya, but I mean I just cleaned it out and it still overheats within 5 mins

/ Kubota overheating. #4  
You mentioned the radiator had a ton of hay in it that you removed. What about the prescreen? That should be removable. Sorry if this is too obvious but you didn't mention cleaning that.

/ Kubota overheating.
Yes, I cleaned that too

/ Kubota overheating. #6  
If it has a thermostat you might try to check it. Make sure that the coolant level is correct and that the water pump works. Other than that I would be back to the manual.

/ Kubota overheating.
How do I check to see if the water pump is working? Thanks so much

/ Kubota overheating. #8  
How do I check to see if the water pump is working? Thanks so much

Put your hand on the return (top) water line to the radiator, it should be way hotter than the water line coming out of the bottom of the radiator. Better yet get one of your teenagers to put their hand on it in case they get burned or mangled by the fan, kids heal faster. You can wait for engine/water to cool and take the radiator cap off, when you start the tractor you'll see the flow into the radiator if the pumps working. If you hold your hand on the radiator fins they should all start getting warm about the same rate as the engine warms up. If they're not getting warm, the thermostat is probably not working, or possibly the radiator is plugged.

/ Kubota overheating. #9  
If the tractor is cold (hasn't been started for awhile), you should be able to remove the radiator cap, then start the tractor and look into the radiator through the cap opening and observe the radiator fluid flowing. If it is, then you can be sure that the pump is working.

Only check it this way on a cold tractor.

/ Kubota overheating. #10  
Maybe a dumb question, but when you sprayed water through it, did you spray from the front or from the back of the radiator? Air is really better as the water can turn stuff to muck and actually gum it up more.