Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
I just got my Kubota M7040 cab delivered and am wondering what the correct size jack and jack stands is to have around for it.

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #2  
If you have a nice concrete floor and you can always count on working there then a 3.5Ton steel floorjack will be all you need along with a selection of jackstands. Altho you dont usually need the strength of the 12T stands, they have enuf height and stance to meet the high needs. The 6T and 3T are useful too when your working at lower clearances. An aluminum jack is almost a must if you want to be able to go portable. These usually top out in the 2 or 2.5T range.
larry

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #3  
I just got my Kubota M7040 cab delivered and am wondering what the correct size jack and jack stands is to have around for it.

What are you going to use jack stands for? There is plenty of clearance to crawl around under the tractor for routine servicing.

The front axle can be lifted off of the ground with the bucket if you have a FEL.

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #4  
What are you going to use jack stands for? There is plenty of clearance to crawl around under the tractor for routine servicing.

The front axle can be lifted off of the ground with the bucket if you have a FEL.
Youre kidding, right?
larry

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #5  
I use a 8 ton bottle jack and cribbing the one time I jacked my M85.

E/S

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #6  
Honestly I've never really had the need for jack stands when working on tractors of that size. When you get to equipment that size I like to use heavy wood blocking. I also have a set of large screw-type house jacks that are pretty useful for supporting things. A 10+ ton bottle jack and a long frame floor jack (6000lb+) are generally best for lifting.

For smaller tractors I have a couple standard 6-ton jack stands.

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #8  
Doing normal maintenance even on my little L3400, a jack is usually not required. I can fit a 5gal bucket under all my drain plugs already.

But there IS a need for a jack and stands for tractors for those who doubt (gwdixon)

How else do you change tires???

A 3 or 3-1/2 ton jack should work.

And 3 ton stands are pleanty stout enough but as Larry mentioned, they usually lack height. 6-ton stands (while WAY over kill for the weight) usually have about double the working height:thumbsup:

And it is not good practice to be crawiling around under anything supported only by hydraulics, wether it be FEL or jack alone. It is best to use stands. That said, I am guilty of not always following that practice. But I NEVER crawl under it without stands. But sometimes when taking a front tire off, or swapping them, I will use only the FEL as I am not under it or in any position to get injured if the hydraulics fail.

/ Right size jack and jack stands for a Kubota M7040 #10  
Uh, no. What is your point?
The OP seems to want to be prepared for the eventual, or even frequent need to block the tractor up for various reasons of assured safety or convenience. This can be done without jackstands, but they are the most convenient, and if set right, the most safe.
larry