Front sweeper..

/ Front sweeper.. #1  

sjcarmich

Tractor
Kubota L3940 HST
New to the forum, but been a follower for some time. Last month I purchased an L3940 w/LA724 front loader and love it.. It was a BIG step up from my old B7100 that servered me well for 28 yrs.

One of my objectives (amongst many..) with purchasing the new tractor was hopefully to be able to get a front sweeper... to keep clean my 1,000 ft long driveway that's covered in trees. I know about the L2164 mid PTO sweeper that Kubota has but it's pushing $6,900 from the dealer, installed :(

The LA724 has the Quick Coupler attachment and I've been looking at front Skid Steer (Sweepster) brushs that would be almost $2k less expensive of a solution.. and allow me to more quickly reinstall my bucket again. Sweepster makes one that will work on 8-15 GPM which should be with the spec's of my L3940.

There has to some of you out there running skid steer attachemnts on the front of loaders... or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

/ Front sweeper.. #2  
You will not have a problem with the loader... but unless you have a cab, you will hate the dust..
You could use a 3pt mounted blower, and have a cleaner, easier way to clear your drive... KennyV

/ Front sweeper..
Thanks KennyV... was unaware of 3pt blowers. Found some good info on line about them this morning. Indeed this might be a better solution for the driveway and might also find some good use in the yard along the tree lines.

/ Front sweeper.. #4  
Thanks KennyV... was unaware of 3pt blowers. Found some good info on line about them this morning. Indeed this might be a better solution for the driveway and might also find some good use in the yard along the tree lines.

3PH brooms are cheaper the front mounted types too...you'l want 30 or more PTO HP.
Here's a downside...those brooms don't last forever and they're expensive to replace.
Another possibility is a 3PH blower, if it's things like leaves you want to clear off your drive. A TBNer recently posted about his purchase. The velocity of the blower looks like a jet engine exhaust! (no flames though). He paid close to $5K for a new one. I've seen one or two on the local Craigslist for less then $2k.

/ Front sweeper..
Yep... the driveway work will be leaves for awhile, but more so the constant build up of fir needles and cones. The driveway can really get a build up of dead fir needles quickly, and this goes on most of the year. The more I dig into this I believe the suggestion of a blower will make more sense.. Thanks