L4400 fuel filter plastic housing

/ L4400 fuel filter plastic housing #1  

kubota4me

Silver Member
Tractor
An orange one
I'm not quite sure how it happened, but today while working in some fairly tight quarters in a grove of small saplings and brush, the clear plastic housing the holds the fuel filter on the right side of the engine, cracked and broke. Had my local Kubota dealer order one as he didn't have one. Question: to replace the new one do I simply unscrew the old one or what is left of it and screw the new one on or does it require something more involved? Thanks for your help.

/ L4400 fuel filter plastic housing #2  
I'm not quite sure how it happened, but today while working in some fairly tight quarters in a grove of small saplings and brush, the clear plastic housing the holds the fuel filter on the right side of the engine, cracked and broke. Had my local Kubota dealer order one as he didn't have one. Question: to replace the new one do I simply unscrew the old one or what is left of it and screw the new one on or does it require something more involved? Thanks for your help.

It's pretty straight forward there is a metal collar that holds the plastic housing to the metal top of the filter housing unit. Slide the plastic filter container up under the housing with the spring in the bottom of the filter housing to force the cartridge filter up and then screw it on lightly. Allow some diesel fuel to run out and bleed the system prior to cranking the engine. The lever should be on the filter top housing side or thereabouts, it may vary some between models,