Need some assistance...

/ Need some assistance... #1  

GrayBeard

Gold Member
Hello,
I got a new Kub 2360 and front snowblower this Spring.
The blower is a 2750 and I like to try to fabricate a hydraulic motor to rotate the chute.
My question is :
I know I've seen it here but cannot locate it now.
I can't find the post about installing an after market motor and hoses ? It was explicit in stating the spec. of the motor ( where purchased), bracket, and hoses.
As you may know, I'd prefer not to spend 800 dollars on OEM stuff.....

Any help appreciated,
GrayBeard

/ Need some assistance...
As memory serves me, the cost of the "homebrew one" was about 200.00 ?
Hopefully the person who posted will comment.

/ Need some assistance... #4  
I remember see a few made buy the owner, one was hyd and the other was 12 volt by using a window motor, if i'm remembering correctly. Do a search for chute rotator.
Devildog

/ Need some assistance... #5  
I did the same thing to mine before last winter. I got a hydraulic motor from
ebay for under $50. I had a bracket made where I work. My biggest expense was gettting the hydraulic hoses made. I had the Lovejoy couplings, but had a friend machine the ID of one of them. I was concerned about rotating too far & breaking something. Last winter I did it once & it just jammed things up at the chute. I loosened the bolts & unjammed it. I attached a few pictures.

Attachments

• 100_1131.jpg
    100_1131.jpg
    868.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_1132.jpg
    100_1132.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_1133.jpg
    100_1133.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_1134.jpg
    100_1134.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 157
I did the same thing to mine before last winter. I got a hydraulic motor from
ebay for under $50. I had a bracket made where I work. My biggest expense was gettting the hydraulic hoses made. I had the Lovejoy couplings, but had a friend machine the ID of one of them. I was concerned about rotating too far & breaking something. Last winter I did it once & it just jammed things up at the chute. I loosened the bolts & unjammed it. I attached a few pictures.

That's a great looking set-up and pretty much what I'm looking for.

I'll send you a PM.

Thanks, GrayBeard

/ Need some assistance... #7  
This is a great thread because I was pricing a blower and the hydraulic chute rotator is $800!!!:shocked:

This is a great thread because I was pricing a blower and the hydraulic chute rotator is $800!!!:shocked:

I hear ya....same thing my Dlr. told me. I thought maybe he was including a complimentery snow removal person to show up for 2 or 3 winters, at that price....

GreyBeard