B7500 Rear PTO

/ B7500 Rear PTO #1  

rtrent

Tractor
Kubota B7500
My rear PTO worked at one time, but I don't normally use it. Only the mid-PTO for mowing. I had a leak at the rear PTO shaft seal for a while and finally got around to replacing the seal. When I had it back together and checked everything, only the mid-pto works. Since I wasn't sure if it worked before the seal repair, I'm not certain if the problem pre-existed the shaft seal job. The PTO shifter moves smoothly into either PTO position and I can hear gears engage in either position, but only the mid-PTO spins. Since I didn't know if it was working just before I started I thought I might have screwed up, but there really isn't anything to mess up. Take the PTO cover/shaft carrier off, remove the old seal and replace. The shafts pulled out a bit with the cover, but they just go right back in place. Found a thread about rear PTO "linkage" adjustment on B7500 fixing a very similar symptom, but no details. Messaged member, but no reply. I can't see anything related to the linkage that would affect rear only and not mid-PTO. Does anyone know what/where the linkage adjustment is? Or any other suggestions? Thx!!