3-Point Hitch How to Jack up Rear End L3010

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010 #1  

HarleyBob

Silver Member
I am changing the tires and rims on my L3010 and I don't have a jack appropriate to lift
rear to do that. What would it take to lift the rear to change tires?

Last edited:
   / How to Jack up Rear End L3010 #2  
I am changing the tires and rims on my L3010 and I don't have a jack appropriate to lift
rear to do that. What would it take to lift the rear to change tires?

if i was you id call a mobile tire service that specializes in changing rear tractor tires an have them change the tires for you.that would be alot safer an quicker.

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010 #3  
buy a bottle jack

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010 #4  
buy a bottle jack

I concur ...you will need the bottle jack sooner or later if you keep the tractor.

Just be careful you can hurt yourself if you are jacking up heavy pieces of equipment.

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010 #6  
How Big? Its a Grand L 3010 with fluid in rear tires. I can lift the front wheels off with bucket and have done that before when I had a flat.

the whole tractor is about one and a half tons with FEL and loaded tires.

personally I would get a 5 or 10 ton jack (a lighter jack is harder to pump when they are near their rated load)

just make sure you lift on the correct part of the tractor or can damage the tractor. (I have seen those road side tire repair people bend axles on highway trucks ..more then once)

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010
the whole tractor is about one and a half tons with FEL and loaded tires.

personally I would get a 5 or 10 ton jack (a lighter jack is harder to pump when they are near their rated load)

just make sure you lift on the correct part of the tractor or can damage the tractor. (I have seen those road side tire repair people bend axles on highway trucks ..more then once)

And where is the correct part of the tractor to place jack for rear lift?

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010 #8  
I jack mine up by placing a 4"x6" on top of a floor jack and put the 4"x6" on the axle housing next to where the axle goes enters the housing. I only jack one side at at a time. My tractor weighs about 40% less than yours.

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010
I do have a 10 ton bottle jack I can use. My floor jack is a cheap Costco unit I don't trust for this.

/ How to Jack up Rear End L3010 #10  
That would work. I would recommend the wood between the jack and the jacking surface. Be careful!