Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #1  

sw18x

Bronze Member
Tractor
Looking
I'm looking to put heat into the cab of my BX2360. Does anyone have experience plumbing into the cooling system of a BX for a heater? I think I remember the dealer saying it was an option, but if it can be done myself without voiding any warranties then I'm willing to give it a shot. Any details or info you can provide would be appreciated!

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #2  
I'm looking to put heat into the cab of my BX2360. Does anyone have experience plumbing into the cooling system of a BX for a heater? I think I remember the dealer saying it was an option, but if it can be done myself without voiding any warranties then I'm willing to give it a shot. Any details or info you can provide would be appreciated!

Dumb question, but can the fan be reversed to blow air into the cab Vs drawing it out?

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #3  
Dumb question, but can the fan be reversed to blow air into the cab Vs drawing it out?

Seems I recall afella here that made a cab, seems he also did something pretty sharp to generate heat too. Its been a while, but I remember a very professional outcome. search the threads....maybe BX cabs?

Here is his heater install, it amy work but also may give ya some ideas:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/132400-bx2200-heater-installation.html

Here is the same fellas cab, a hellof a job I must say:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/133156-bx-23-homemade-cab-pics.html

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #4  

you can, but I suspect that the kubota engineers will have a fit. :laughing:

but you didnt hear this from me- somewhere I read that KU 15971-74110 pusher fan to change heat direction can be installed on the BX, but I havent confirmed this.

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #5  
I installed a heater that was plumbed into my radiator line, it was very easy and produces awesome heat once the tractor is warmed up. If you want I can post pics of it, just let me know.

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #6  

SW go to this Sims web site
Sims Cab Depot - Tractor Cabs and Cab Enclosures
Download the installation manual for your model. On page 12 it gives you photos and step by step instructions on how to install the heater to your engine. This is how I did it.

Check out this ebay heater $175
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maradyne-Ca...=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item51956e30f1

Last edited:
   / Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #7  
20 bucks gets you a reverse flow fan and plenty of heat.

paul

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #8  
Almost all heaters simply come off of a "T" in the lower radiator hose and flow thru a heat exchanger under the dash (or cab roof ) and piped back into the radiator. . Shouldnt be too hard to do.

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #9  
The easiest place to get all the heat you want... Before the radiator heats up ... is the water pump bypass hose... If you understand its function in any cooling system, you will know that is the first place to find heat in any liquid cooled engine... KennyV

/ Plumbing into BX cooling system for heater #10  
Hi I to have heard of the reverse rad fan Messicks had them part nbr might be same couple comments above.