Ballast Tire Pressures with water+ ballast

/ Tire Pressures with water+ ballast #1  
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I have R4 15x19.5 rear tires with water/calcium cloride balast in them. Kubota recommends 30 PSI (which seems a bit high) for normal tire pressure but doesn't say what the tire pressure should be with ballast.

Should the pressure still be 30 PSI for ballasted (?) tires? Any thoughts?

/ Tire Pressures with water+ ballast #2  
I have R4 15x19.5 rear tires with water/calcium cloride balast in them. Kubota recommends 30 PSI (which seems a bit high) for normal tire pressure but doesn't say what the tire pressure should be with ballast.

Should the pressure still be 30 PSI for ballasted (?) tires? Any thoughts?

Correct same pressure just do it with the stem at 12:00 take the cap off press the stem quickly in to clear the water out then put the gauge on.

fill it in the 12:00 position too

/ Tire Pressures with water+ ballast #3  
Suggest you jack the tractor so the pressure is off the tires. Otherwise, the weight of the tire will continue pushing liquid out. Gravity...it's the law...
BTW, next time you're near a NAPA or tractor dealer, pick up an air/liquid gage. Looks like a standard "pencil" air pressure gage but is spring loaded to push the liquid back out.
Using a standard air pressure gage may ruin it when you get liquid in them.

30 PSI sounds high to me too...but if that's what Kubota recommends, that's what you should use. It wouldn't hurt to read the max pressure on the tire sidewall though...and confirm that 30 PSI is for tractors without backhoes.

BTW, Calcium Chloride tastes terrible!!

/ Tire Pressures with water+ ballast #4  
Roy, my L3400 has R4 and the manual say 30 also. Like you I though that seemed high but that is what it calls for.

James K0UA

/ Tire Pressures with water+ ballast #5  
Roy, my L3400 has R4 and the manual say 30 also. Like you I though that seemed high but that is what it calls for.

James K0UA

Wow!! But, that's what it says and that's what you do!

BTW, you guys with 15x19.5 R-4's...if you're planning on getting chains for winter, this is a good time to do it.
15x19.5 is a very popular size for mid-sized CUTs (my old 790 had 'em) and popular sized chains sell out pretty quick.
www.tirechains.com

/ Tire Pressures with water+ ballast
Thanks! Good tips too.

To your point Roy, I found some Duo-track chains from tractiontirechains.com which I think would be less likely to slip between the threads. They are only $260 which seems very cheap.

Anybody any experince with tractiontirechains.com?