Roadpro 12 volt heater

/ Roadpro 12 volt heater #1  

mlange2009

Bronze Member
does anyone have one been looking at them,a lot of people say the fan is very,weak is that true??? thanks

/ Roadpro 12 volt heater #2  
I have one. A Road Pro RPSL 681, 300 watt.
I bought a cab for my tractor about a year ago and needed a heater. I didn't really have enough room or location for a big heater box that uses engine coolant. So I bought a Road Pro. I figured if one didn't keep me warm I could mount a second one.

My cab has a hard top, Glass windshield, and soft sides and back. Inside I installed a piece of flat steel across the cab and mounted the heater on the right side facing the windshield. I hard wired it to the battery since it draws 22-28 amps (according to the specs) and just have to remember to turn it off when I'm done plowing. The fan won't blow your hat off and may be on the weak side but it keeps me warm and my windshield defrosted.

I will say that one heater works great. I can now plow snow in the cab without wearing gloves, nor do I have to wear extra heavy clothing. It does work well. Here's a few pics of my cab and heater.

P.S. the toggle switch on the left side disconnects it from the battery. I found that without it there was always a small draw on the battery from the power light even with the switch on the heater off.

Attachments

• DSCN0447 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0447 [640x480].JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 561
  • DSCN0448 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0448 [640x480].JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,677
  • DSCN0452 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0452 [640x480].JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,203
   / Roadpro 12 volt heater #4  
My12VoltStore is also one of the largest Online store for 12 Volt Heater

Try from there.. They have very good customer services..

Cheers

/ Roadpro 12 volt heater #5  
I bought a cab for my tractor about a year ago and needed a heater. I didn't really have enough room or location for a big heater box that uses engine coolant. So I bought a Road Pro. I figured if one didn't keep me warm I could mount a second one.

My cab has a hard top, Glass windshield, and soft sides and back. Inside I installed a piece of flat steel across the cab and mounted the heater on the right side facing the windshield. I hard wired it to the battery since it draws 22-28 amps (according to the specs) and just have to remember to turn it off when I'm done plowing. The fan won't blow your hat off and may be on the weak side but it keeps me warm and my windshield defrosted.

I will say that one heater works great. I can now plow snow in the cab without wearing gloves, nor do I have to wear extra heavy clothing. It does work well. Here's a few pics of my cab and heater.

P.S. the toggle switch on the left side disconnects it from the battery. I found that without it there was always a small draw on the battery from the power light even with the switch on the heater off.

Not to hi Jack...but Is that a Mahindra cab? or a generic? Thanks

/ Roadpro 12 volt heater #6  
Not to hi Jack...but Is that a Mahindra cab? or a generic? Thanks

No, Its a generic. Bought it from RJPartsco.com
My local Mahindra dealer is now selling them as well.
It's made for several Mahindra models. (they also have cabs for other brands reasonably priced). I just posted some more pics and details in the Mahindra section for another member looking for one.

/ Roadpro 12 volt heater #7  
That's the Original cab from RJParts...I have one for my BX. Good idea with the mirror mount, but I mounted my lights at that location due to garage door clearance issues. I don't know if the BX has enough alternator oomph for the heater along with the lights, but it's tempting...particularly at that price.

/ Roadpro 12 volt heater #8  
That's the Original cab from RJParts...I have one for my BX. Good idea with the mirror mount, but I mounted my lights at that location due to garage door clearance issues. I don't know if the BX has enough alternator oomph for the heater along with the lights, but it's tempting...particularly at that price.

Mirror is an old motorcycle mirror I had laying around.
Heater is wired direct to the battery with a toggle switch to turn it off. It draws 22-28 amps according to paperwork. My alternator puts out more than that to keep the battery up to par.

/ Roadpro 12 volt heater #9  

I have the same heater but got two magnets from harbor frieght and stuck it to my rops , i than can move it to differant location or put it away for summer.:thumbsup: