Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting)

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
As most of us know, the BX has miserable work lighting, particularly at the rear.

So i was sitting there in the dark thinking about it when an idea came to me...

Replace the red rear light lenses with clear.. so easy and it almost makes sense. Not like im going to go cruising the highway on my bx, so why do i need red lights?

If i had access to an injection molder, i know what id be making and selling.

I know some have put rear facing work lights on the ROPS but its an ugly solution (no offense).

Anybody know a neat way to install rear lighting?

All these companies with their CUTS really do have crap for work lighting... Its really frustrating when the company could come up with a really clean solution from the factory when theyre designing these machines. I have noticed that Deere has added forward work lights to the fenders of the new 10xx series machines. I imagine theyd help lots when the loader is mounted.

/ Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting)
Doing a little research.

Heres the JDM kubota B i believe. If you look below the headlights you'll notice what appears to be a pair of LED? work lights. Now why doesnt Kubota offer that here? :mur:

And that black platform on the LH side? A shelf to rest your fuel can when refueling using a battery pump. How many people have complained on TBN about having to hoist up a fuel tank when trying to refill their tractor? Another great feature, not here.

Attachments

• b-main.jpg
    b-main.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 900
Last edited:
This is the french BX which appears the same as the Bx in the UK

Notice the light package on the ROPS. It includes a forward facing clear. It could easily be adapted to be a rear facing clear if kubota chose or person could modify it to face rear.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 1,194
And the French B. Front aux and rear work light

So far it seems like all other markets offer some form of factory aux lighting, particularly in the forward direction... Why not here. Im sure kubota doesnt offer it so they can maximize profit, but at least give the option.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:
   / Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #5  
Now that the JD 1026 comes standard with auxiliary front work lights, maybe Kubota will offer something standard or optional on the next BX. Personally, I have no issues with mounting ROPS lights. I wired and mounted two forward and one rearward work lights from the ROPS. Being up high, they illuminate very well. I think the JD versions will be in the way sooner or later and still won't help if you have the FEL on.

Now that the JD 1026 comes standard with auxiliary front work lights, maybe Kubota will offer something standard or optional on the next BX. Personally, I have no issues with mounting ROPS lights. I wired and mounted two forward and one rearward work lights from the ROPS. Being up high, they illuminate very well. I think the JD versions will be in the way sooner or later and still won't help if you have the FEL on.

My issue with lights on the ROPS is its never a real clean install. Its more of an esthetic thing and being tall, it cuts into the headroom under the rops during operation and moving from front to back.

I think that JD's front mount lights will be a benefit. You can angle them outward to the outside edges of the bucket.

I noticed that on the French B that when the loader is installed there is a bracket that moves the lights to the outside of the loader mount to maintain their usefulness.

My main issue however is rearward lighting. That was the basis of my original post suggesting clear lenses for the rear lights.

If the rear lights weren't moulded into the fenders it would be much easier to just remove the complete assembly and install a close fitting clear light assembly.

I created this thread to discuss Rear lighting options (other than the traditional ROPS mounted solution). I cant believe that this is news to Kubota. No rear task lighting from factory might pass on a lawnmower... but on a tractor, especially one with a rear backhoe is really unacceptable.

I think that if there was a factory option available here in North America someone would have installed it on a BX by now.

Attached is a picture of a Deere x595. Notice the clear inserts in the tail lights that will provide some rear work lighting.Thats similar to what im proposing for the BX.
attachment.php

Attachments

• el3sscw_06.jpg
    el3sscw_06.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 455
   / Idea for BX25 accessory (lighting) #8  
Some time ago I watched a small Komatsu dozer working at night. It appeared to have a single light, on or under the ROPS, that brightly lit up a circular area about 100 ft radius. No directional beam to it at all. I thought that would make a great work light if I could find out what it was.

Bruce

Some time ago I watched a small Komatsu dozer working at night. It appeared to have a single light, on or under the ROPS, that brightly lit up a circular area about 100 ft radius. No directional beam to it at all. I thought that would make a great work light if I could find out what it was.

Bruce

Deere's new J series dozers have some nice compact lighting. I imagine its Halogen but it could be LED due to its compact size

Notice just above the radiator in the forward facing photo and above the door. These are built in lights, but They also offer a standalone unit for the rear.
JD119764v_CE_942x458.jpg

Look under the AC unit hanging off the back of the cab for a standalone unit

118892_450J_486x332.jpg

Theyre Halogen. See the attached image from the brochure. They appear to just be MR16 lights.

I found them in the deere fiche.. but no price listed... You know theyre going to be expensive however.

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Edit: well maybe not THAT bad... but bad enough, The only price i could find for the complete kit, PN AT307941 was on a state procurement document, and the price was $468.. But that was for the whole kit i assume. Harness, switches, mounts etc. The fixtures themselves would be a small part of the cost of the kit.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 340