Snow Engine heater for B7100hst

/ Engine heater for B7100hst #1  

jaysbota

Tractor
Kubota B7100 hst
Well the last 3 mornings have been frosty,so I have the B7100 hst,the 4' snowblower.One thing I would like is a block heater or some kind of engine heater.My garage is unheated and it gets darn cold were I live.I think those 4:30 am start ups would be helped by this.Any suggestions? I saw a Kubota block heater listed for this tractor on line,I think it might be a core plug replacement type,sure hate to knock one out if I don't have to.

/ Engine heater for B7100hst #2  
I've had those magnetic, oil pan heaters. Don't. That's all I'll say about those.

Have a block heater, installed through a plug in the water jacket, standard dealer installation at the time of purchase on my B2320. Love it. Works very, very well. Still have to warm the HST fluid, which takes a good long while.

/ Engine heater for B7100hst #3  
Install an Inline Heater. Not hard to do. Will work well.:thumbsup:

Throw a tarp over the tractor and place a small electric heater under it. This will work well as a stop gap or may even be better as the entire tractor will be warm.:thumbsup:

/ Engine heater for B7100hst #4  
I have a lower radiator hose inline heater on my B7100. I dont use it much but when I need it it works good. I think it was around $30.00 at my dealer.

/ Engine heater for B7100hst #5  
I installed a block heater in my B1700..Just be careful not to push the frost plug into the water jacket..Using a punch, tap it on one side until it rotates and you can grab it with pliers and remove..

/ Engine heater for B7100hst #6  
I also use an inline heater. Easily installs in lower radiator hose with 2 clamps. Bought mine at Advance Auto. I cut out about an inch of hose and installed mine with 2 hose clamps. All you need to know is the inside diameter of the hose so you get the right size. In winter I have it plugged into a HD appliance timer so it comes on a couple hours before I need to use the tractor.

/ Engine heater for B7100hst
I've had those magnetic, oil pan heaters. Don't. That's all I'll say about those.

Yeah I bought one of those for my old Hudson terraplane,car has 30 wt. oil in it and I needed to move it out of the garage,on for 24hrs and it still didn't warm up the oil to the point the 6 volt would crank it over to start.

/ Engine heater for B7100hst
I also use an inline heater. Easily installs in lower radiator hose with 2 clamps. Bought mine at Advance Auto. I cut out about an inch of hose and installed mine with 2 hose clamps. All you need to know is the inside diameter of the hose so you get the right size. In winter I have it plugged into a HD appliance timer so it comes on a couple hours before I need to use the tractor.

Well George I'm in Oswego so it gets as cold here as "C" square LOL. Thanks for the replies all of you.Sounds like both will work,the easier one to install would be the inline.