Newby

/ Newby #1  

Mary A

Tractor
kubota L3000
I have my very first tractor. Never ever been on one even tho I grewup country. Kubota L3000, front loader, box blade. I will be scanning this fourm for all kinds of info and will most likely have a question or two. I have 10 acres of 80% trees and lots of rock with clay soil needing lots of improvement. I will most assuredly be practicing. :thumbsup:

/ Newby #3  
Make sure you keep the loader as low as you can when moving. Even an empty loader up high makes the tractor less stable, especially on uneven ground or if one of the wheels hits a hole. I try to remember to raise it pull in slowly, dump it, then back up slowly enough that I can lower it without any turning.

We were all there once. Enjoy the practice.

/ Newby #4  
welcome you have nice tractor there.

/ Newby #5  
I will be scanning this fourm for all kinds of info and will most likely have a question or two. :thumbsup:

Welcome. You'll find this board very interesting as I have. They seem to have solutions for most any problems.:thumbsup:

/ Newby #6  
:welcome: This site is fantastic. More addicting than Facebook by far. :)
Enjoy your time and your toy!

Hey wait! Are you sure you have a toy? I didn't see no picture! :laughing:

/ Newby #7  
Congratulations, there are some good threads on here about what and what not to do with your FEL, how to use you box blade etc.

/ Newby #8  
Welcome to the zoo... feel free to feed the animals ;)

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there's almost always someone here that's been in the same situation in the past and will be willing to share their experience with you.

If you got an owner's manual with the tractor, they make interesting reading. If something doesn't make sense, then it's a good question to ask.

If by some chance you didn't get the owner's manual, I'd suggest you order one from a dealer or look for a source online. Mine's only a couple years old and it's already marked up with notes, measurements, etc.

Sean

/ Newby #9  
You might want to invest in a tooth bar for your bucket with that clay ground of yours. I dug out a 40' diameter pond with mine with a box blade and a bucket without a tooth bar... It took a while!!! You will learn a lot on here with these guys.. So let the questions fly!!!