Tires Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #1  

phffft

I used to use my Grand L 3010 to mow, and do all the other chores. Because of the mowing I got R4's when i bought the tractor.

Now that I'm not mowing, and I've been stopped by muddy hills / trails from getting to one part of my property I have the urge to take off the R4's and put on a set of Ag tires.

Has anyone else done this? Any issues? Way back when I bought the tractor I saw the same tractor I bought but with Ag's. It sure looked different. Taller. Not sure if that was perception or if it will raise the tractor up a tad. Hoping one of you has done this already and can give me some insight on the matter.

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #2  
putting R1 ag tires on the tractor will make it a tad taller.because the luggs are narrow an taller where R4 luggs are shorter an wider.swapping the tires over can be costly.as youll have to buy 4 new tires an rims.

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #3  
   / Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #4  
the rims fitt R4 tires,thus not made to fitt the R1s.so you have to change front an rear rims.because running miss matched tires will mess the tractor up.

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #5  
I run Ags on my B. I think for traction they are hands down the best tire you can put on the tractor. On the flip side they are hard on grassy surfaces... since you are not using the tractor on the lawn anymore I would say you would very much like the ags.

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #6  
Ordered my l3130 with ags for most chores other than mowing purchased mounted set of turfs for the grass cutting season.

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #7  
When I purchased my T1530 last year it came with R4's and I told the dealer I wanted the R1's. He received his shipment in may and swapped them. They are taller, slightly narrower and don't cover my mower so I am hitting more trees with the corners of the brush hog, are tough on the grass but it was all about traction and they do dig in.

Attachments

• canon 014.jpg
    canon 014.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 515
   / Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #8  
When I bought my L4400, it had R4's on it and the dealer swapped them and put AG tires on it. That is what I wanted and there was no problem. I am not 100% sure, but the dealer stated that most Kubota Farm Tractors leave the factory with Industrial tires on them, and if the customer requests the Agriculture tires, the dealer installs the tires that the buyer wants. I was not charged any difference in price.:tractor:

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires #9  
When I bought my L4400, it had R4's on it and the dealer swapped them and put AG tires on it. That is what I wanted and there was no problem. I am not 100% sure, but the dealer stated that most Kubota Farm Tractors leave the factory with Industrial tires on them, and if the customer requests the Agriculture tires, the dealer installs the tires that the buyer wants. I was not charged any difference in price.:tractor:

Mine was the same situation, although the brochures and website list R1's as being the standard tire. Again, no change in prices.

Sean

/ Swapping R4's for Ag wheels and tires
Thanks all for the replies. Good info.
And yes, I am after traction in muddy situations and know that Ag's are the best tire for the job. I know I'll tear up my yard a bit when I have to travel across it but to be safer on the trails and hills on my property it seems like the right thing to do.

If I remember right when I bought the tractor it came with Ag's and there was a few hundred dollar up charge for switching to R4's. The dealer has no interest in taking my R4's on trade so it appears I'll have an extra set of tires that I'll have to find a place to store.