Help with B2620 shutting off

/ Help with B2620 shutting off #1  

TheGreyRider

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 2920
I have a 2620 that recently has been shutting off when i get off the tractor. This happens when the PTO is NOT running.

In the past i just figured that i was bumping the PTO level and usually i would jimmy the shifter around a awhile and it would then start. Yesterday this was not the case.

I checked the seat sensor and it seems to be working, i checked for continuity while it was depressed and not depressed and it seems OK.

I see one sensor on the PTO, but it looks to only depress when the PTO is put into rear PTO not forward, that sensor seems fine as well.

I see another wire running under the tractor, and wiggled it some as well as all the others then it started.

Is there another sensor under the tractor for the forward PTO? and does anyone know what the wires go to where the level for the PTO goes into the tractor?

/ Help with B2620 shutting off #2  
On the right hand side below the floor deck just ahead of the tire there is an HST pedal neutral sensor. The rod that contacts that sensor runs through a tube. If there is debris in there or it's rusty it won't always return fully. Try cleaning and lubing that and see if that fixes your problem.

/ Help with B2620 shutting off #3  
Along with what DDM84 said, it may just be that the forward/reverse pedal is not centering in neutral. There is a grease fitting where those pedals pivot. You should grease it every once in a while. That was the problem when mine had the same issues.

If the seat switch isn't working right, it will stall when you push the pedal down to go or when you try to engage the PTO because if that switch isn't making good contact it thinks now one is in the seat. I think it is a good idea to lean the seat forward and push that button several times ever once in a while to clean off dust on those contacts.

/ Help with B2620 shutting off
I will check the sensor you are talking about for the pedal, as well as some grease couldnt hurt, I have greased that in the past, but it has been a while.

Thanks..