Another Kubota Battery Thread

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #1  

kmassing

Bronze Member
I was following Kyle's thread about his battery woes.
Well, Friday late afternoon I went out to use the B3200 (purchased May 2010) and just got a click when trying to start. I checked all the safety interlocks' cleaned the battery posts and connectors, same problem. Put a digital VM on the battery and saw that the voltage dropped to 0 when the switch was put to Start.
IME this indicated a dead or shorted cell. I checked that the 3200 would start when jumped to my truck, took the battery to have it checked and confirmed a shorted cell.
Calling around found that I could not find a correct case style and correct CSA from an auto parts store.
I called my dealer Saturday morning and cried and cussed some after finding the battery has a 1 year prorated warranty.
As usual my dealer took care of me, a new Interstate battery with a better warranty at his cost. And a free gallon of local buttermilk that he sells!
Seems to me that the OEM batter's leave something to be desired.

Ken

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #2  
My battery lasted 5 hard winters in Illinois and was still walking, but wounded. So I can't complain about the battery. But it is annoying that the case is such an odd size, I really had a hard time finding a replacement that would fit, and as a result paid a premium. It seems odd that on a thing like a tractor which is styled like a square box and weight is desireable, that they have this odd little shaped battery compartment.

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #3  
My L3400(2007) is still on original battery.Sorry to hear about your battery woes :(.
Big Congrats though on what I feel was an intellegent purchase in chooseing a Kubota. :D :thumbsup:

I have a feeling that battery is going to be the only gripe you have about your Bota for a long time.

And no I'am not a Bota dealer,just bleed Bota orange(most of the time). :laughing:

Boone

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #4  
I wonder if Kubota switched OEM suppliers?

So far so good on my OEM going on 7 years...

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread
I wonder if Kubota switched OEM suppliers?

So far so good on my OEM going on 7 years...

That could be, hopefully this Interstate will last 12 years like the one I just changed in my Ram truck.

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #6  
That could be, hopefully this Interstate will last 12 years like the one I just changed in my Ram truck.

I've had real good luck with Interstate... Dad sold them for many years.

Last edited:
   / Another Kubota Battery Thread #7  
Same OEM battery, some Japanese brand. This will be its 9th winter, starts in -30 no block heater no problems. I can't remember the hours, 1300 or 1400?

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #8  
I bought a used G1800 1993 model in 1995. That battery finally died two years ago so 16 years aint" bad!

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #9  
I'm like Slowzuki. I never changed a battery in any of my numerous Kubota's (I believe I've had around 10 or so in the past 30 years)......:laughing:

The M9 and the 105 both have original batteries, sit out in the cold barn all winter and start right up if needed

The 9 is going on it's 5th birthday and the 105 is 3.

........and unlike Boomers, they don't pee battery acid that gets sucked into the radiator.....

/ Another Kubota Battery Thread #10  
My first Kubota (M4700) battery died at the one year mark. Dealer said one year warranty :( I went to the auto parts store and bought the best diesel truck battery they had. It was till running fine ten years later when I traded it.

I suspect that, at least on some models, the battery is installed when they assemble the tractor and the dealer uses the cheapest thing he can find:mad:

OTOH, my other Kubota stuff has been holding up fine. I replaced the B2710 battery at nine years I think. Maybe if it's an oddball size, they do install a Kubota battery, otherwise, what's ever cheap.

Ken