I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #1  

lsiemasko

Tractor
kubota bx2200
Well, I did it !

One of the things on my bucket list was to get a Kubota with Loader / Mower. Been busting my butt for too many years, still have the desire to do stuff around the house, but age is now creeping in and making me hurt a little in the mornings .

Found a sweet deal on Ebay, called the owner who had many 100% feedbacks, and took the chance sight unseen ! This is something I never do, but had a good feeling about this whole deal. Had it shipped from Wisconsin to Maryland for a very resonable fee and welcomed her to its new home.

Long story short, it was BETTER than described ! Has about 257 hours and it took me about an hour to "feel her out" and get to work.

All the firewood for the season has now been placed on the deck ( no more humping a wheelbarrow full of wood up the stairs - God, I LOVE that loader), dragged the felled trees out for cutting ( 4WD Diesel was pulling with power to spare), leveled out the stone that has been sitting for months for the park pad of my trailer ( pushing stone with the 4WD and Trac Lock was piece of cake), cut the overgrown grass with that 5' belly mower ( SWEET ), finally pushed that pile of dirt into the ditch, and put her to bed for the night. Not bad for a first day "get to know each other".

Will be looking to change oils, filters, and such so that I have my own baseline for fluids. According to manual, I have a few things to do at the 300hour mark.

Is there a good site for cross references on maintenance items ?

What are the preferred brands you guys / gals use on your orange ?

Thanks for your input and I will be a regular here as I am an information hog.

LS

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #2  
Was that pro_stihl_man by any chance?

I was not prepared to pay shipping on one for even that far, but my cousin lives there and knows all the guys at McFarland's. I picked mine up in August. I've had a couple issues to fix, but I love it! :thumbsup:

:welcome: to TBN! Sounds like you've had a fantastic day. :):)

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #3  
If you didn't get an Operators Manual, go buy one; very informative for use and maintenance.

The BX2200 is a nice little workhorse and it was our first Kubota; son in law now owns it.

As to filters, I use only Kubota, but for fluids we have used Rotella, Kubota, NH, Case etc. Maintenance is very easy on the BX.

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #4  
Where in Maryland are you from? You will get MANY years of work from it!!

Deano

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #5  
First rule of TBN: It didn't happen without pictures. :laughing:

Having said that, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, congratulations on your new-to-you BX. :thumbsup:

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #6  
Congratulations! I have a special spot in my heart for the BX2200 FEL MMM. Nine years ago I bought my first Kubota and that's what I bought. I figured it was my once in a lifetime mower purchase with a high priced wheelbarrow on the front. Was I pleasantly surprised!!!! I've bought several more since and I'm basically back to almost the same tractor but with a factory installed BH, the BX25.

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #7  
Good move on the Bx2200. They are small and nimble enough to mow the lawn, yet surprisingly strong & capable.

I use Wix filters for oil and air. Kubota hydraulic and fuel filters. Mystic hydraulic oil, mystic synthetic grease. I had been using mystic Jt8 semi syn 10w30 every 75 hours. I started using Farm rated 5w40 semi syn (Citgo) last change. I am going to do an analysis at next change to verify good results at 100 hours. I expect it can go well over 200 hours with good results..

I used mine to grade my yard. Heavy use and a few problems. The front axle seals, center pivot seals, steering cylinder and tie rods have been gone through. I have replaced some hydraulic hoses also.

Over all I am very happy with it at 1300 hours.

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #8  
enjoy your new tractor an getting things done quicker.

/ I FINALLY got a BX 2200 with loader/mower #9  
I've had the identical setup for years now, and I like mine. I use Kubota filters and oils, except for engine oil, and the front axle oil. If I had to change the fluids so often that the expense mattered, I'd venture other brands. But I just don't find it a bother to use Kubota stuff no more often than I have to change the fluids.

Enjoy your tractor. It will save your back many an ache. Be sure and use your Rops and seat belt, and keep your loader low as possible. Any issues crop up, just ask since many of these fellows have had your tractor, or one nearly identical, and someone will surely know the answer.