STUPID QUESTION!

/ STUPID QUESTION! #1  

512high

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 JOHN DEERE 244J
Hi everyone,

Just got my 2006 Kubota L-4330HSTC back from the dealer for Winter service. I had the "common" bevel gear/seal leak, told them to repair, also change fluid, HST filters. After looking at the invoice, they said they changed the HST FILTER, HYDRAULIC FILTER according to my invoice(axle fluid was changed as well etc).

My question is on the beast, rear by three point hitch is where i have a "dipstcik" for hydraulic fluid and filler area..... is this the "only" filler area/dipstick area, does that fluid run hydraluics and hst?

I know there is two large filters on both sides of the machine,(hyd. and hst) just wondering....

Philip from NH(ps did my own engine oil and filter, fuel filter), next time would like to save the money and do the above my self.!

/ STUPID QUESTION! #2  
Yes, that dipstick fill is the only hydraulic fluid add/check point. And HST and other hydraulics all use the same fluid. There are multiple DRAIN points for the hydraulic fluid however (center of trans, both rear axle housings).

/ STUPID QUESTION! #3  
Yep, just one main tank for both... easy to change next time you do it. Don't forget the air filter, too!!! :) Did they change the Radiator fluid?

/ STUPID QUESTION! #4  
Kubotas are very easy to service, we did the 1200 hour on our 5030 HSTC about a month ago. As mentioned, it takes a bit to locate all of the drain plugs.

/ STUPID QUESTION!
Thanks everyone for responding so quick! I did air filter, machine just turned 1,100 hrs. i bought last Feb. just for snow removal, landscape company owned before and kept good records.....Anti freeze changed at 950 hrs. i just purchased the shop manual for this machine, i do have owners manual as well... i hope i have good luck with it! Again thanks to all that responded so quick!

ps. I'm located 35 mi North of Boston ,Mass. we had 10" of snow last week...today 70 deg.F. go figure...and i rushed to have that machine serviced! lol

/ STUPID QUESTION! #6  
You will get a lot of good years out of your tractor. ine has over 1200 hours on it with no problems and none expected.

One thing I do is put a new fuel filter in rather than clean the old one, it is on a couple of bucks or so and worth it not to have to fool with the mess of cleaning. I also put a new cab filter in once a year.

I was going to buy anew L40 Series, but found this one used at my dealer a couple of years ago and saved a boat load of money which was fortunate as we had to buy a new M8540 later that year.

/ STUPID QUESTION!
Triple R, thank you!, First thing I did was replace the fuel filter when i got and changed the engine oil, i even managed how to read the owners manual when i had to re "bleed" to get it to start again, that was easy, just got nervous about those two filters on the side(HYDRALUIC & HST), and a from what i was told from my local dealer was the "bevel" gear/seals were very common, not sure if just my 06' L-4330 or many others, anyways, from the sound of your M-series, you must have quite an operation! Again thanks for all those that have chimed in!

/ STUPID QUESTION! #8  
Check with your dealer, ours has a spring 15% off on parts, maintenance items etc., so we stock up and save a lot of money. I like to keep items on hand.

/ STUPID QUESTION! #9  
Check with your dealer, ours has a spring 15% off on parts, maintenance items etc., so we stock up and save a lot of money. I like to keep items on hand.

I sure learned an interesting lesson this evening. I got my replacement hydraulic pipes and was due for 600 hour rear end maint, so I picked up 3 1/2 gallons of Kubota UDT at the dealership. The 2 1/2 gallon jug was $46 and gallon jug was $19 and change. On the way back on a whim, I stopped at Fleet Farm for something else and looked at the UDT. 2 gallon jug for $15, 1 gallon for $8. If it wasn't 25 miles back down there, I'd return the Kubota oil...

/ STUPID QUESTION! #10  
I sure learned an interesting lesson this evening. I got my replacement hydraulic pipes and was due for 600 hour rear end maint, so I picked up 3 1/2 gallons of Kubota UDT at the dealership. The 2 1/2 gallon jug was $46 and gallon jug was $19 and change. On the way back on a whim, I stopped at Fleet Farm for something else and looked at the UDT. 2 gallon jug for $15, 1 gallon for $8. If it wasn't 25 miles back down there, I'd return the Kubota oil...

I've never changed a fuel filter on either tractor and I check the sight glass all the time and there is nothing in the bottom. I must have good fuel or good luck or I'll attribute it to the Cat additive I use....

I quit using UDT/SUDT a few years back. I use Chevron Synthetic Trans/Hydraulic fluid and interestingly, it's orange. Not cheap either. 150 clams per 5 gallon pail.