BX23 HST light stays on. ???

/ BX23 HST light stays on. ??? #1  

jgheck

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
I have a BX23 and the HST light on the panel stays lit. I can't find any information in the operators manual on this. I think it is a thermo switch for the Hydrostatic transmission. I don't know where it is located though. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or knows where the switch is located. There is plenty of fluid in the transmission. The service tech at the Kubota dealer could not find any information on this. Maybe the light is suppose to stay on, I don't know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

/ BX23 HST light stays on. ??? #2  
I have a BX23 and the HST light on the panel stays lit. I can't find any information in the operators manual on this. I think it is a thermo switch for the Hydrostatic transmission. I don't know where it is located though. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or knows where the switch is located. There is plenty of fluid in the transmission. The service tech at the Kubota dealer could not find any information on this. Maybe the light is suppose to stay on, I don't know. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have a BX23 also and don't ever recall seeing a hydro light...

I will have to check next time I'm over to where the tractor is stored.

/ BX23 HST light stays on. ??? #3  
The HST light is not used on our N American marketed BX's. Theres no sendor installed on the HST to control it. Kubota apparantly used the same wireing harness for all their 00 & 30 series BX's hense the reason why it's there but stuffed up under the dash.

So why is it on? More than likely the control wire thats bundled under the seat w/the Aux Lighting wire is grounded. Theres 2 wires that are taped together directly under the seat, one is used for the rear Aux lighting option (hot when the key is turned on) and the other is for the HST warning light that our BX's don't use. If that HST wire gets grounded it will lite the lamp under the dash. If that "hot" aux light wire gets grounded it will blow the 20amp fuse and you will no longer be able to shut your BX down via the key switch. I see you have another post where your BX wouldn't shut down until you replaced that fuse.
I highly recommend that you inspect under your seat, look for and locate those 2 wire ends and make sure they aren't laying in a pool of water and/or grounded in some way.
Do a google search on "BX manual fuel injector pump shutdown" and there should be some instructions and pics that'll show where the manual fuel shutdown lever is located on a BX.

Good luck
Dave

/ BX23 HST light stays on. ??? #4  
The HST light is not used on our N American marketed BX's. Theres no sendor installed on the HST to control it. Kubota apparantly used the same wireing harness for all their 00 & 30 series BX's hense the reason why it's there but stuffed up under the dash.

So why is it on? More than likely the control wire thats bundled under the seat w/the Aux Lighting wire is grounded. Theres 2 wires that are taped together directly under the seat, one is used for the rear Aux lighting option (hot when the key is turned on) and the other is for the HST warning light that our BX's don't use. If that HST wire gets grounded it will lite the lamp under the dash. If that "hot" aux light wire gets grounded it will blow the 20amp fuse and you will no longer be able to shut your BX down via the key switch. I see you have another post where your BX wouldn't shut down until you replaced that fuse.
I highly recommend that you inspect under your seat, look for and locate those 2 wire ends and make sure they aren't laying in a pool of water and/or grounded in some way.
Do a google search on "BX manual fuel injector pump shutdown" and there should be some instructions and pics that'll show where the manual fuel shutdown lever is located on a BX.

Good luck
Dave

The depth of knowledge on TBN continues to amaze me, and your post is a fine example of why :thumbsup:

/ BX23 HST light stays on. ???
I have a BX23 also and don't ever recall seeing a hydro light...

I will have to check next time I'm over to where the tractor is stored.

Thanks ultrarunner. It is on the panel on the bottom. It is diagonally left and bottom of the battery light symbol. It is just above the switch that you turn the head lights on with. If you turn your Key on it says HST in red. Mine never goes off. I bought this tractor used and am going through it to make sure all is working properly. I am now thinking of selling this and buying a KIOTI. I looked at their tractors last week and they looked very nice. But I will not sell this until all is working properly.

/ BX23 HST light stays on. ???

Good luck
Dave

Dave you are the miracle saver I have been looking for. THANK YOU! THANKYOU!, THANKYOU! Why don't the service people at KUBOTA know this stuff? I was hoping that someone would have this information for me. I thought that it was possible that there was a short somewhere. I will tear it apart today and see if I can locate it. Why would they put that dummy light in on the BX and not put a light in the panel for the headlights when they are on. I see there is a spot for a light in there, but they don't have one in. I would guess it is a way of saving a few dollars. They could have just put that same light in for the headlights when they are on and changed the wiring harness. I guess it all comes down to saving a few dollars. I hope this helps anyone else that may run into this problem.

/ BX23 HST light stays on. ??? #7  
My BX23 doesn't have a HST lite.
I bought it new in 2003.
Thanks ultrarunner. It is on the panel on the bottom. It is diagonally left and bottom of the battery light symbol. It is just above the switch that you turn the head lights on with. If you turn your Key on it says HST in red. Mine never goes off. I bought this tractor used and am going through it to make sure all is working properly. I am now thinking of selling this and buying a KIOTI. I looked at their tractors last week and they looked very nice. But I will not sell this until all is working properly.