Grand L front blade.

/ Grand L front blade. #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
Im trying to decide on a snow set up for my 3540. Years ago i had a front blower & front blade for my b7500, both worked very well but it was not what you would call a quick change. Is the subframe set up on the 40 series any faster to mount up, i assume the subframe can stay on with the fel on.

/ Grand L front blade. #2  
When I got my L3540 earlier this year I considered Kubota's frame-mounted front blade, but the cost was too much. My dealer said somewhere around $4k.

Instead I'm looking to get a FEL snow blade at the end of this year. I have compared 8 different models and the front runner for me is the QuickAttach Quick Push.

I plan on calling the eBay salesman to see what the best deal is. I have seen them selling the blade on ebay for a few hundred less than their web site.

-Jeff

/ Grand L front blade. #3  
I don't believe you can have the sub-frame and the FEL on at the same time;at least on my L3130 I couldn't.It's not that difficult to change out "IF YOU HAVE A LEVEL SURFACE" i.e a garage/barn floor.Remove FEL and drive over the sub-frame...no real heavy lifting.Sub-frame mounted is definitely stronger but you are limited on height(plow).
When I traded tractors I went to a FEL mounted snow-plow,QA plate so the bucket only takes minutes to put on.

/ Grand L front blade. #4  
When I got my L4400 I had an old manual turn 7 1/2 foot front blade that I put a quick tach plate on and it works great. Very easy to change bucket and blade when needed. I picked up a four wheel furniture dolly to drop the bucket on and can just push it into the corner of the garage when the plow is on.

/ Grand L front blade. #5  
When I got my L4400 I had an old manual turn 7 1/2 foot front blade that I put a quick tach plate on and it works great. Very easy to change bucket and blade when needed. I picked up a four wheel furniture dolly to drop the bucket on and can just push it into the corner of the garage when the plow is on.

I have a similar setup on my GL3240hst. Just gave it a test run in the big Nor'Easter storm here in CT a week ago. It worked flawlessly. Having to manually angle the blade was a bit of a pain but not a show stopper.

/ Grand L front blade. #6  
The Kubota front blade is very effecient and heavy duty, as it should be. Is it easy to remove and attach the subframe, not like the loader, 10 minutes on concrete floor, 15 minutes on earth, but the more you do it the quicker you become. You can remove the blade, leave the subframe on, and use the loader, but you have to be careful of the bucket curl, there can be some interference with the L3940. This is not the case on the L4240 as another poster has contributed, not sure with other models. I am very happy with the subframe mounted blade, it makes quick work of our long driveway, but I do not use my fel much in the winter months. Philip.

Attachments

• FBLADE04.jpg
    FBLADE04.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 379
  • SUBFRAME03.jpg
    SUBFRAME03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 381
  • FELQUICKHITCH01.JPG
    FELQUICKHITCH01.JPG
    952.5 KB · Views: 298
  • FELQUICKHITCH03.jpg
    FELQUICKHITCH03.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 262
   / Grand L front blade. #7  
When I got my L3540 earlier this year I considered Kubota's frame-mounted front blade, but the cost was too much. My dealer said somewhere around $4k.

Instead I'm looking to get a FEL snow blade at the end of this year. I have compared 8 different models and the front runner for me is the QuickAttach Quick Push.

I plan on calling the eBay salesman to see what the best deal is. I have seen them selling the blade on ebay for a few hundred less than their web site.

-Jeff

I have the quickattach .... bught it from a salesman from their company a few months back. I also bought a rear powerpack and loader mount snowblower. They threw in the shipping, and if i bought a 3rd item, they took of an additional chunk of $$ that made my set of forks almost free.

I love the quality of this equipment. I also got the 2 side gates for the blade and the hardened shoes.

cant wait till snow falls.

Attachments

• snow plow on tractor.jpg
    snow plow on tractor.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 1,174
  • snow plow crated.jpg
    snow plow crated.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 434
   / Grand L front blade.
I don't believe you can have the sub-frame and the FEL on at the same time;at least on my L3130 I couldn't.It's not that difficult to change out "IF YOU HAVE A LEVEL SURFACE" i.e a garage/barn floor.Remove FEL and drive over the sub-frame...no real heavy lifting.Sub-frame mounted is definitely stronger but you are limited on height(plow).
When I traded tractors I went to a FEL mounted snow-plow,QA plate so the bucket only takes minutes to put on.

I could leave the subframe on my B3030, however kubota did not recommend you do so! That quickattach looks sweet, anyone know what that rig costs?

/ Grand L front blade. #9  
I could leave the subframe on my B3030, however kubota did not recommend you do so! That quickattach looks sweet, anyone know what that rig costs?

the prices have gone up since i bought in June, now its around $2,800 for 84" plus side gates and shoes.

/ Grand L front blade. #10  
this was how i did my plow, total cost was $1000.00 . ray

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 270
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 530
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 270